The Learning and Development (L&D) Consultant is a strategic partner who influences the development of at sea employees through the application of professional learning and development initiatives. He/she conducts needs analyses and creates plans to enhance productivity, improve ship performance, and promote a learning and development culture. Works closely with key stakeholders including but not limited to:
- Land-based People Operations Team
- At Sea Executive Committees and Departmental Leaders
Azamara is a global premium cruise line that inspires curious and passionate travelers to spend more time exploring the world with us on our immersive cruises. We offer our guests a world class experience onboard and while visiting destinations around the world. Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our growing organization with an exciting career at sea.
WHO YOU ARE
- Engaging, and friendly; a natural relationship builder and organizer.
- You have a good grasp of time management and appreciation of shipboard operations to minimize disruptions to service delivery activities.
- You love what Azamara is about and feel energized talking about our organization and what it has to offer.
- You possess a proven history of proficient learning and development skills.
- You are adaptable and empathetic to both employee and company needs and demonstrate strong Emotional Intelligence.
- You are a good communicator and a great listener.
- You have a knack for coming up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will support and conduct the learning and development initiatives of At Sea employees across all ranks. Through strategic thinking, you will assist in bringing the company’s values, brand promise, and business objectives to life through delivering company training initiatives and approved creative learning materials. Every day will present a unique opportunity to impact the overall brand values through crew and leader development, strategic creative solutions, prioritization of learning and development initiatives, and achieving key milestones/deadlines.
- Provides professional consultation to onboard employees to maintain and improve leadership effectiveness and business performance.
- Conducts needs assessments to identify performance gaps and implement solutions to maximize performance and achieve measurable results in crew satisfaction(leadership aspects), guest satisfaction and other business KPIs.
- Guides onboard leaders through the talent management process of assessing individual performance, creating personalized development plans, and establishing team succession plans.
- Facilitates dynamic and impactful leadership learning and development sessions and provides ongoing support that ensures successful transfer of knowledge and drives individual and team effectiveness.
- Creates and executes customized learning sessions that address identified business/performance/behavioral gaps.
- Conducts Train the Trainer sessions with onboard instructors and provides ongoing feedback to improve effectiveness of training methods and delivery.
- Conducts on-the-job observations, identifies gaps in performance and provides leadership with feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Provides career coaching and advice through workshops and one-on-one sessions.
- Utilizes psychometric instruments (i.e. DiSC) to enhance leadership capabilities and drive team effectiveness.
- Models and champions a culture of commitment to the Company’s values, standards, and overall business strategies.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited university or college in Learning & Development, Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Learning and Organizational Development
- Experience in applying adult learning principles and consulting, coaching, mentoring, and training techniques.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, partner with leaders at all levels, relate with diverse groups of people and act with diplomacy and tact.
- Exhibits passion for constant learning and demonstrates an eagerness to share that passion with others.
- Ability to understand and convey business priorities and use compelling arguments to gain support and commitment.
- Self-motivated and possesses superior time management and organization skills.
The Learning & Development Consultant is At Sea employee, rotating throughout the fleet on a 4/2 contract basis working onboard Azamara vessels.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.