Recruiting for experienced BROADCAST MANAGER for cruise vessel SILVER CLOUD
Salary in USD//per month worked - will be informed upon interview!
Contract 5 months +/-1
Note: shared cabin
Candidates must be vaccinated for COVID, 7 days quarantine on board with basic pay !
1. Responsible to control, maintain and operate the broadcast facilities, film and public audio requirements of the ship, delivering high quality, individualized and technically excellent entertainment services for guests whilst complying with any Company Policies and towards a goal of achieving total guest satisfaction.
1. Reporting to the Hotel Director and Cruise Director with functional reporting to the Chief Electrician.
1. Operates video cameras, editing suite, and replay equipment.
2. Maintains video and audio programming schedules for guest in-suite entertainment.
3. Maintains satellite and local TV reception for broadcast via the ships TV system.
4. Maintenance and repairs of onboard TVs. (IT Officer on SE, SG, SD).
5. Uploads movie & program content to TV servers. (IT Officer on SE, SG, SD).
6. Live Broadcasts, records lectures, port talks, cooking demos and Expedition Programme. (on SC only).
7. Maintains background music servers ensuring the correct music is available on the ship-wide AMX systems with the assistance of the Sound Light Manager (Broadcast Manager on SC only).
8. Works with Marine Storekeeper to maintain inventory supplies, spare parts and equipment for the broadcast center, TV, Pager, PA system (Broadcast Manager on SC only).
9. Supports the Sound & Light Manager with maintenance and repairs of all technical equipment for the entertainment department.
10. Liaises with the IT Officer (& ETO Officer on SM and SP only) to maintain the correct operation of broadcast systems.
11. Ensures that all kind of entertainment content are uploaded on time and returned to the vendors as per schedule.
12. Assists guests, crew and hotel department with any operational issues on in-suite TVs.
13. Maintains and repairs any broadcast equipment including music distribution units.
14. Maintains and repairs the P.A. system (ETO on SM and SP only).
15. Ensures that the broadcast center is kept clean and well organized.
16. Maintains the broadcast centre and ensures that all equipment is locked when not in use.
17. Maintains telephone, safes, ships clock and pager systems (ETO Officer on SP, SM).
18. Reports daily to Hotel Director and Chief Electrician in case other work is required.
19. Assist with induction and training of new crew.
20. Adjusts the schedule and location independently when the overall daily operation changes.
21. Incorporates Company service standards, personalized service and sincere hospitality by creating positive experiences for guests, efficiently engaging with guests and anticipating guest needs.
22. Performs all other duties as requested by supervisor.
1. Participates in crew and passenger safety drills according to instructions.
2. Always complies with the Company’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
3. Participates in all mandatory training.
4. Leads by example by taking care of Health and Safety of self and others.
1. Valid STCW95 certification.
2. Technical or electrical degree with experience repairing sound and TV equipment.
3. 2-4 years experience in broadcast TV programming, with some entertainment technical support
4. Good working knowledge of broadcast equipment, Autopatch Matrix, DMX music servers and AMX
5. Basic knowledge in editing software, Mac IMovie and final cut, HD camcorders and wireless
6. Basic knowledge of entertainment show formats and procedures.
7. Physically and medically fit.
8. Moral integrity is required.
1. Excellent fluent English (verbal and written). English is the working and safety language on board
Silversea vessels. This also includes the ability to give and receive instructions in verbal and written
forms and to effectively and efficiently engage with guests and crew members. Conversational in one
other language (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese).
1. Basic knowledge of Windows and Mac applications.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Required to stand, walk long distances, reaching and sitting. Repetitive motion of bending, going up and
down stairs. Lifting or pushing of up to 50lbs. The position requires overtime work and irregular schedules.
Works in all areas of the vessel with noise, light traffic and distracting environments as well as an office
1. Maintains a positive and approachable personality.
3. Proactive approach to problem solving.
4. Ability to be adaptable to change, quick thinking, able to make decisions under pressure whilst
maintaining attention to detail. Well organized, self managed and motivated. Handle multiple
demands, remain calm and effective under pressure and resolve issues quickly.
5. Effective, full, clear and concise communications is essential.
6. Respects the privacy of guests and colleagues.
7. Respects the contribution of fellow crew members and actively promotes team work.
8. Safe, professional and personal practices. Knowledgeable of the Safety Management System and
9. Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with cabin mates.
10. Well groomed and neat appearance.
11. Ability to deliver a high standard of performance.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.