Chef de Cuisine speciality restaurant S.A.L.T
Silver Moon’s exclusive destination focused restaurant is the place to be when it comes to enjoying the local cuisine, culture and rich culinary heritage.
- Responsible for delivering high quality, efficient, individualized and technically excellent food preparation in his/her assigned outlet in accordance with Company Policies, strictly upholding any Public Health standards and towards a goal of achieving total guest satisfaction.
- This position is a tactical partner purely for the culinary aspect of the S.A.L.T. operations.
- Through monitoring and continuous support of the shipboard Executive Chefs he/she will ensure that all details of S.A.L.T. operations throughout the Vessel.
- His/hers culinary expertise will carry out to S.A.L.T. LAB, S.A.L.T Restaurant trough the offshore market visit into the culinary execution.
- S.A.L.T. Chef de Cuisine will provide Silversea Culinary standard to execution, direct support for new menu roll outs, industry trends, benchmarking and whatever other directives to be determined by the Onboard Executive Chef .
- Valid STCW95 certification.
- Minimum of 4 years experience at an International 5 star establishment and at least 1 year of which as Chef de Cuisine.
- At least 2 years experience as Sous Chef in Michelin Star/Relais Chateaux.
- Good knowledge of International cuisine and European culinary background.
- Must display the ability to pay close attention to detail and desire to take pride in one’s work.
- Knowledge and experience of Public Health policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, interpret and demonstrate culinary fundamentals.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Must be proficient in all stations in the galley.
- Physically and medically fit.
- Moral integrity is required.
All roles advertised at this time, are for pooling and joining dates will be subject to change.
To discover more about the S.A.L.T program, please click below:
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.