Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 3,935 employees who work in 62 offices in 35 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD136.4 billion in 2017. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
• Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical and business stakeholders and is the single point of contact delivery partner for single or multiple sub-systems for global techno-functional product owner.
• Architect and design solutions and guide the vendor teams to implement the solution as per the architecture and design.
• Be hands-on master developer on the system and coach developers of the vendors. Pair program with new developers on an existing system to build their capability.
• Identify gaps in technical design, functional requirements, in the team members and work towards closing those gaps to ensure high quality software is delivered to meet business goals.
• Help implement a continuous learning culture within the vendor teams to build their capability the sub-system(s) he or he is leading.
• Operate as a delivery partner in the 3-in-box operating model and partner with global techno-functional stakeholders and vendor technical teams to deliver strategic business objectives.
• Own the BAU delivery and product support for the business systems he or she is assigned to.
• Coach and Mentor the vendor developers for the assigned work stream.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Technical Skillsets:
• Several years of hands-on distributed systems development using J2EE application stack, front-to-back messaging infrastructure and Oracle. Preferable with complex financial systems, logistics or complex systems integrations.
• Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and object oriented designing techniques.
• Minimum 8-10 years of hands-on coding experience with following technologies – Java, J2EE, Oracle, working with any of the messaging technology (MQ, TIBCO etc).
• Understands different programming languages and ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment.
• Expert level understanding of object oriented design and development.
• Experience in troubleshooting complex systems using tools like Splunk, AppDynamics or the likes.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience with developing end-to-end complex systems with a multi-national or complex technology driven firm in India.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with outsourced vendor partners is BIG plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics or Mathematics is required.
• Understanding of Commodities, Logistics, Financing, Accounting or Derivatives is a BIG plus.
• Strong oral and written communications with strong inter-personal skills to collaborate with vendor teams and global IT owners with attention to micro level details.
• Must be acclimatized working and dealing with client managers / senior management.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong change management skills, ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
• Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges
• External : Strategic outsourcing partners.
• Internal : Technical and Functional partners and stakeholders based in UK, Geneva, China etc.