The main objective of the design co-ordinator is to work very closely with the design team and ensure all styles with its components are processed timeously, from design concept, through to sample room, fitting with retail as well as process for pre-production sample bag.
Along with the designer and merchandiser, it is the design co-ordinators responsibility to ensure that the style is Manufacture ready on time before sent out to the CMT
- It is the design co-ordinators responsibility to keep the design team informed of the whereabouts of the style within the process by means of a report which is sent out The design co-ordinator is to create style numbers for capacity bookings after buyers brief in the Sync system
- Co-ordinating business as usual for team by setting up of new starters and co-ordination of small move
- Stock co-ordination, stock checks and co-ordination of deliveries and r The role is responsible for ensuring all components are available and correct when feeding the style into the sample Room timeously eg. Design details, fabric and trim.
- This individual is responsible to prioritize the style within pattern making, sample room, grading, marker making and
- They are to ensure all samples are made up timeously and ready for the QR capsules, ensuring all styles are photographed for the designers to create the Lookbook.
- New product The Design co-ordinator will attend all QR showings so that they understand and familiarize themselves with all the chosen styles for that particular PIS month
- Once the designer has fit approved the style with retail, the design co-ordinator is responsible to feed the style to the pattern designers and to the internal QA department
- The Design co-ordinator is responsible for briefing outwork requirements to the outwork specialist: Create the brief, Brief requirements, email approved artwork and brief to the outwork vendor and ensure the brief packages are put together and handed over to outwork specialist timeously.
- Once the strike off are returned from the outwork vendor, it is their responsibility to have the strike off signed off by the buyer.
- When Designer returns from an overseas trip, it is the design co-ordinators responsibility to ensure all overseas samples are photographed, ticketed and saved on the drive for the overseas presentation
We are looking for someone, who possesses the below qualities:
- National Diploma in Fashion Design / Clothing
- Must have knowledge of the Design cycle Process within TFG D&M
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good planning and organizing ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and drive delivery
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
The ideal candidate would have:
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.