Exciting opportunities are available for graduates to gain experience in their field of study through 12-month internships at our Head Office in Cape Town!
We need young, talented individuals with a range of skills to join our team as interns in an exciting, ever-growing space! There are a range of different intern roles available (read more about these below).
To apply you need to have:
- A minimum of a qualification in Fashion Design or similar.
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Currently unemployed
- Currently between the ages of 18 – 35 years old
- Must be available from March 2020 for the duration of the internship
- An eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to build and maintain healthy relationships
- To be self-motivated, and take responsibility for your own development
- To be a team player
- To be proactive
- A strong ability to learn
- A good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Competencies we are looking for:
- Customer Centric
- Working with people
- Adapting and responding to change
- Driving and Persevering
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Following Instructions and Procedures
See below a list of the exciting roles available to interns:
Designer Intern (TFGA):
There are a number of designer positions available across different brands including The Fix, Markham, Sports and Exact. Designer Interns will work hands on with both Merchandise Planners and Designers to make up fit samples, attend fit sessions, pick fabric and prepare and send sample bags; among other duties that support the Design function within the relevant brands team.
Buyer Intern (Brands)
There are a number of designer positions available across different brands including The Fix, Markham, and Totalsports. Intern Buyers will work closely with and support the Buying team by working with fabrics, service-providers and all fashion surprises that pop up on a daily basis.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the
Employment Equity Act.
Applications with no academic results will not be considered. (Please submit most recent available)
This is a 12month contract.