You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
This position can be based in New York, Boston, San Francisco, Santa Monica
You’ll join The Scientific and Medical Affairs Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. Where you will help make Life Science organizations more effective, particularly in complex specialty markets, while giving products the strategic support they require. More specifically:
In this role, you will be a visible leader of the firm and drive commercial success by attracting and retaining top talent and building an effective team, securing profitable business, actively harvest accounts, create leads, and ensure accurate project forecasting and pricing. You will leverage your subject matter expertise to contribute to thought leadership opportunities by identifying industry trends and incorporating into client work. You will:
- Grow the business through meaningful commercial contribution via business development, i.e., growing a book of business and bringing new accounts into the portfolio.
- Build consulting delivery capability as an effective recruiter, manager and developer of people.
- Create market eminence and play a senior leadership role in the Medical Affairs practice through relevant thought leadership contributions, offer development and enhancement, and internal leadership in the practice area and firm as a whole.
- Provide strategic solutions for Medical Affairs, Commercial Launch of new therapies
- Lead and develop client relationships and ensure delivery of well-structured projects that exceed client expectations.
- Work collaboratively with other executives to design and deliver customized and innovative solutions for the client.
- Provide leadership and refinement to the practice, resources, and staff development.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- MBA or graduate degree in business or life sciences
- 15+ years of life sciences/pharmaceutical experience including consulting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding Medical Affairs, scientific, clinical and commercial considerations for new therapies
- Extensive experience in leading and developing commercial strategy and Medical Affairs/Communications
- Experience of developing strategic global or regional outcomes research plans
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and motivate teams
- A strong history of successfully selling, delivering and growing revenues.
- Recent experience working with large national and global accounts. Strong and demonstrable track record of successful practice building.
- Visibility in the biopharmaceutical industry and is viewed as a thought leader and trusted adviser to clients.
- Able to leverage external network to improve profitable revenues and market positioning
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.