Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you’re an extroverted expert.
If there’s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it’s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You’ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison – COVID Therapeutics with Syneos Health.
As a member of our field-based medical affairs team, this position will function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization and will be responsible for developing and managing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various stages of product development and medical organizations including treatment centers, established societies and associations. This position provides medical information through scientific exchange and supports the company’s scientific and clinical needs specifically related to its COVID Therapeutics portfolio.
Specifically, the Medical Science Liaison will be able to successfully accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Educate health care providers (HCPs) about the disease state and products, resolving medical information inquiries with virtual and in-person responses in order to provide the highest level of understanding and customer satisfaction
- Provide non-promotional, disease state and product specific information and medical support in response to HCP requests regarding the safe and effective use of COVID medicines
- Engage with external stakeholders through scientific interactions; deliver support to clinical development colleagues and investigators conducting clinical trials, and offer scientific support for internal stakeholders
- Provide effective communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Pharm D, PhD, MD or equivalent education
- 2+ years’ MSL experience, medical affairs experience or related infectious disease clinical experience
- Strong ability to present in a virtual capacity; knowledge of virtual video technology required
- IDN and Institutional experience preferred
- Knowledge of monoclonal antibody treatment, respiratory, immunology, infectious diseases and/or vaccine treatments is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 60%-70% upon the lift of COVID-related travel regulations
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed. As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you will be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.