You inspire creativity and lead with clear direction.
With keen aesthetic judgement and a well-managed plan, you are a natural at leading your creative team to success. There is never a time when you are not thinking of new ideas, and your clients appreciate your dedication to providing high quality and impactful campaigns. Such talent and guidance make you the right fit for this impactful SVP, Creative Director role with GSW Los Angeles.
This position is responsible for leading the Los Angeles GSW creative team and upholding the strong creative ethos of GSW. For inspiring internal team and clients alike in order to set and maintain a creative vision worthy of an agency with the highest standards in the industry. The expectation is to lead all aspects of the office’s creativity with clients as well as contributing to the strategic leadership of the agency as a whole. In addition, this position will distinguish GSW-LA’s unique creative attitude and aptitude as well as help manage financial and budgetary compliance, and is responsible (with creative ideas & solutions) for revenue growth through existing and new clients. GSW stands for Greatness Starts Within. In short, this leadership position is about helping us be great, every day, with every client and with every teammate.
GSW is a full-service healthcare communications agency that goes beyond advertising to create personalized brand experiences. We develop strategic marketing solutions for pharmaceutical, medtech, biotech and health-and-wellness clients around the world. We create experiences that involve, inspire, educate and activate people through ongoing brand journeys.
- 10 years plus experience in advertising at least 2 of which should be in a senior management capacity
- Must have a thorough understanding of client’s business/category and demonstrate a best in class creative approach in offering marketing solutions to an assigned clients or categories
- Prior business development experience and demonstrated success in strategic & concepting skills
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working on a wide range of accounts and categories
- Track record and body of work to demonstrate ability of getting highest level of creative sold and produced
- Creative Vision: Sets & maintains high standards commensurate with GSW creative expectations
- Presentation Skills: Is effective & dynamic in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small/large groups, with peers, direct reports & supervisors; is effective in selling creative rationale & work both inside and outside of the organization; instills respect and can manage meeting flow during presentations
- Demonstrating Ownership and Proactive Behavior: Demonstrates ownership of assigned Brand work by continually coming up with new ideas proactively. Ability and willingness to show ownership of Brand work from a visual standpoint
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
At GSW, “speak people” is part of our every day. Our employees are inventing ways to go further, faster, thus giving purpose to liberating ideas within healthcare advertising.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)