You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
An Engagement Manager is a people manager with day-to-day oversight of multiple client projects. Expectations include the ability to build relationships (internally and externally), identify client needs, design strategic and innovative solutions, and deliver client contracts on time and on budget. As a member of the management team, an Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring a superior client experience while developing the skills and supervising the work of consulting staff team members. This experienced professional exhibits decision quality, action orientation, communication savvy, and resourcefulness as the primary steward of consulting projects.
You’ll join The Product, Portfolio and Customer Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will help clients maximize the commercial value of their assets, portfolio, and organization while building excellence in the commercial organization. You will also help companies market and sell more effectively in an environment increasingly dominated by third-party payers. More specifically:
- Guide team members (Associates and Consultants) to effectively conduct tasks and contribute to project deliverables
- Develop business strategy through conducting primary and secondary research relating to Product Portfolio and planning including forecasting revenue for new therapies/assets.
- Analyzing data and producing comprehensive insights, documentation, and presenting findings and recommendations to team members and client leaders
- Work closely with clients to determine project requirements and oversee all scheduling of necessary interactions to comprehend the client's business goals, products and expectations
- Provide superb customer service - ability to actively listen to understand both what is being asked, and what is missing.
- Understand and formulate a solution to achieve the client's business objectives and communicate with the team members accordingly, as well as define any specific needs that will be handled by the team members in primary and secondary research
- Oversee the developments found through research and direct team members in producing reports, power point presentations, etc.
- Analyze the final research reports, presentations, etc. to ensure that the findings are in accordance to the client's business objectives
- Compile research and insights into an impactful story and presentation and present commercial strategies to Pharmaceutcal client leaders
- Responsible for ensuring that the project is completed in the time frame agreed upon and within the budgetary means
- Identify and prepare proposals for opportunities for additional project work
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Master's (or foreign degree equivalent) in business or life sciences related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in consulting management in the life sciences, pharmaceutical/biotech consulting industry
- Experience working as a business strategy consulting (big firm experience preferred)
- Engagement management experience required
- Must have experience in creating and evaluating commercial strategy for pharmaceutical brands
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation, storyboarding and PowerPoint skills
- Internally motivated problem solver - knows how to find answers to provide the best solution
- High level of professional curiosity
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.