Base Location: Germany
Region Covered: South or East Germany
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) serves as the primary field-based point of contact with healthcare providers (HCPs) to deliver and facilitate medical education and communications, research, and medical insights gathering activities of our client. The MSL Identifies, develops, and maintains long-term collaborative partnerships with external clinical and scientific Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to appropriately support for current and future portfolio activities. They will ensure effective communication and collaboration across a multifunctional team to meet healthcare provider needs and ultimately ensure the best patient care in an efficient and compliant manner. The initial focus will be supporting the launch of a brand new product for the treatment of Uterine Fibroids including supporting payer interactions, mapping the HCP landscape and providing appropriate medical and scientific education and support both pre and post-launch.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of the medical strategy and broader company strategy to ensure their own activities are coordinated and aligned to strategy within the business
• Identify, develop and manage relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other prominent HCPs as they relate to our client products
• Engage in scientific exchange with KOLs and HCPs regarding the efficacy, safety and value of the products and related clinical practice trends
• Present clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences (KOLs, HCPs, hospital/decision-making teams, etc.) upon requests and/or according to the strategic medical plan
• Respond to unsolicited requests for information, including scientific literature, protocols/guidelines, and peer-to-peer connections according to company compliance policies
• Identify, collect, and communicate medical insights related to market, competitors, research, and clinical practice trends, including key insights from medical conferences
• Provide scientific input and participate in country-level medical and cross-functional initiatives
• Conduct therapeutic training for sales and other colleagues upon request
• Represent and support our client at scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a scientific field is required. PharmD, PhD, MD and/or equivalent highly preferred
• Experience as an MSL in the specialty care pharmaceuticals
• In-depth scientific and therapeutic knowledge and experience in Women’s Health therapeutic area required. Existing women’s health relationships with KOLs will be a great asset
• Excellent written and verbal local language and English communication skills, including the ability to present to groups of varying sizes (virtual and face to face)
• Proven track record of success in establishing and maintaining relationships with KOLs
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)