You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
An Engagement Manager is a people manager with day-to-day oversight of multiple client projects. Expectations include the ability to build relationships (internally and externally), identify client needs, design strategic and innovative solutions, and deliver client contracts on time and on budget. As a member of the management team, an Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring a superior client experience while developing the skills and supervising the work of consulting staff team members. This experienced professional exhibits decision quality, action orientation, communication savvy, and resourcefulness as the primary steward of consulting projects.
You’ll join The Scientific and Medical Affairs Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. Where you will help make Life Science organizations more effective, particularly in complex specialty markets, while giving products the strategic support they require. More specifically:
- Guide team members (Associates and Consultants) to effectively conduct tasks and contribute to project deliverables
- Develop business strategy through conducting primary and secondary research relating to Medical Affairs and commercialization of Pharmaceutical products
- Analyzing data producing comprehensive insights, documentation, and presenting findings and strategy recommendations to team members and client leaders
- Establish relationships with KOLs, understand the clinical/scientific details for preparing for commercial launch
- Work closely with clients to determine project requirements and oversee all scheduling of necessary interactions to comprehend the client's business goals, products and expectations
- Provide superb customer service - ability to actively listen to understand both what is being asked, and what is missing
- Understand and formulate a solution to achieve the client's business objectives and communicate with the team members accordingly, as well as define any specific needs that will be handled by the team members in primary and secondary research
- Oversee the developments found through research and direct team members in producing reports, power point presentations, etc.
- Identify potential sources, project requirements, synthesize recommendation and identify insights
- Analyze the final research reports, presentations, etc. to ensure that the findings are in accordance to the client's business objectives
- Responsible for ensuring that the project is completed in the time frame agreed upon and within the budgetary means
- Identify and prepare proposals for opportunities for additional project work
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- PhD (or equivalent) in business or life sciences related field
- Experienced in management consulting in the life sciences, pharmaceutical/biotech consulting industry
- Experience working as a business strategy consulting (big firm experience preferred)
- Engagement management experience required
- Must have experience in creating and evaluating commercial strategy for pharmaceutical brands
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation, storyboarding and PowerPoint skills
- Internally motivated problem solver - knows how to find answers to provide the best solution
- High level of professional curiosity
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)