You are organized, driven, and thrive in an ownership position.
You're ambitious and business-savvy enough to secure and organize high-visibility, large-scale projects. However, you know that maintaining close individual relationships and being a reliable liaison are the keys to building confidence and lasting trust with your customers. Can you see the big picture and the details? You have the potential to excel in this dynamic Account Director level role with Biosector 2.
Biosector 2 (B2) is a global healthcare communications agency known for telling the right brand and disease state story at the right time and place. We strive to create behavior change among our clients’ most important stakeholders, including patients, healthcare providers, and community partners. We offer best-in-class communications strategy, digital and social media, issues management, stakeholder engagement, and analytics and measurement. Our dynamic, insightful approach, coupled with our capabilities, allows us to solve today’s problems while uncovering tomorrow’s opportunities.
Split between the Novartis Breast Cancer and Novartis Diversity & Inclusion teams:
Account Overview: Novartis breast cancer franchise brands and disease awareness/patient education; work is in advanced breast cancer, the most serious form of the disease for which there is no cure. Business includes brand communications (i.e., data, milestones), patient education campaigns, disease awareness campaigns, substantial social media and patient advocacy event support. Nice, respectful and engaged clients who appreciate creative thinking and view us as real partners; direct clients are PR and US/Global Advocacy.
- Serve as day-to-day lead for an engaging and passionate client on large, US awareness campaign focused on disparities
- Oversee execution of lead projects including communications toolkit development, event planning and logistics, supporting the media and social/digital teams with thought leadership and strategic communications planning, working with partner agency and functional cross-teams and develop strategic plans that align to D&I goals
- Regularly engage with client teams and collaborate with partnering agencies, shared services, vendors, media and other third-parties
- Mentor and manage junior members of the team, ensuring they are set up for success and are building capacity and confidence in managing their projects
- Potential to support medical meetings/data communications
- Oversee account management activities (budget, monthly billing process, timelines, action plans, agendas, call notes)
Partnering with leading Pharma company’s US Diversity and Inclusion team to inform employees and external stakeholders about their ongoing commitment, initiatives and goals to create a healthier and inclusive society. Business includes developing a cohesive narrative, tools and resources to help cross-function teams support D&I efforts; producing internal assets, communications and events to engage their Employee Resource Groups, Diversity teams and broader employee base; robust social/digital strategy; and supporting efforts to engage external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a professional environment within the healthcare public relations and/or communications industries
- Experience and interest advocacy relations/patient engagement
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure in a fast-paced (but fun) environment, meeting internal and external deadlines
Biosector 2 is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion and technology; between data, design and human insight. We are able to make those connections because our advertising, public relations, medical communications, digital, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)