You’re not like most writers. Math and numbers don’t scare you. In fact, you’re fascinated by what statistics and data can reveal. New insights. Different angles. Fresh material for your storytelling. You like to tackle tough topics—medicine, economics, science—and convince others to see something in a new light. Which can only lead to one thing: we’d love to hire you.
At GSW we live for ideas that touch and change lives. They drive us; excite us; and inspire us to take healthcare to places it's never been. Our culture bustles with people who don't follow what's been done before—but instead, they lead—with passion, fearlessness, and a sense of humor. We believe we bring out the best in healthcare. Come and prove us right.
This position, Associate Creative Director,Copy, is an instrumental creative leader within the Creative Department and works closely with our Creative Director(s) on all aspects of creative leadership and agency vision. He/she is responsible for partnering with Senior Account Services colleague(s) to lead and manage in all aspects of client relationship(s) and business. In addition, the ACD/Copy is actively engaged in providing overall strategic plans and initiatives, ensuring delivery of high-quality products and services consistent with contracts and agreements, helping in the management of financial and budgetary compliance, and planning (with creative ideas and solutions) for revenue growth for existing clients as well as cross-selling initiatives. He/She takes ownership of the creative team, manages the day-to-day while successfully mentoring and developing the Group Copy Supervisor/Copy Supervisor(s), Senior Copywriter(s) and Copywriter(s); contributes to strength of the agency, and nurtures relationships with client(s) through business acumen, excellent communication, savvy interaction, and exceptional work.Most importantly, he/she is responsible for setting the creative vision and maintaining the creative standards ongoing.
GSW is a full-service healthcare communications agency that goes beyond advertising to create personalized brand experiences. We develop strategic marketing solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech and health-and-wellness clients around the world. We create experiences that involve, inspire, educate and activate people through ongoing brand journeys.
(Duties may include, but are not limited to all or some of the following)
- Serve as the “creative owner” from a creative perspective Provides exceptional creative leadership to team
- Exhibit expert storytelling and visual conceptual skills
- Raise creative consciousness of the agency through internal presentations and leadership
- Partner with existing clients and “sell” the creative process routinely
- Co-lead new business/client activities and pitch as requested
- Exhibit expertise in core copy and creative functions; should be well-versed in other functions and able to successfully manage multiple brand teams across art and copy
- Sought by team members and client(s) as a source for ideas and inspiration, creative and strategic thinking
- Possess expert creative presentation skills with ability to deliver a believable, inspiring, and persuasive approach to selling the “big idea” to team members and clients
- Very successful/respected relationship builder within entire internal team you oversee and savvy business builder with your clients
- Partners with ACD of Art to ensure that copy direction and visual presentation work together to make the concept powerful and compelling
- Maximize and develop team talent to produce highest-quality work
- Implement agency/departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain ultimate accountability for the quality, strategy, and integrity of all creative deliverables
- Accountable as the creative and strategic lead on multiple brands/projects
- Help to identify and eliminate factors creating crisis, and minimize recurrence of such factors
- Troubleshoot complex creative issues
- Leverage high-level knowledge of industry trends/technology
- Help clients understand and internalize criteria by which creative product should be assessed
- Spearhead creative portion of client presentations and consistently over-deliver
- Demonstrate expertise at talent-to-task allocation
- Use persuasive presentation skills that reflect a high level of knowledge of creative and brand strategies
- Proactively advise client on potential promotional opportunities (ie, campaigns, sales rep programs, booth draws, and new media)
- Closely monitor financial impact to business with respect to staffing, changes in client budgets, and clients’ financial expectations
- Is keenly aware and acts on opportunities to cultivate existing client business
- Maintain creative profitability on assigned accounts
- May be accountable for freelance budget
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Delegate to staff and freelancers as necessary
- Manage all personnel issues related to the creative team
- Use good judgment in hiring and separation decisions
- Create opportunities for professional growth of all team members; consistently provide feedback on performance and creative work of team
- Work with the SVP/ECD on the overall professional development of the creative group
- Must have 9-11 years of experience in advertising industry
- At least 6 years of copy supervisory experience in a pharmaceutical agency setting is required
- Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
- Relentless energy, a sense of humor, and an open and curious mind
- Must possess positive and inspirational leadership qualities
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask, handle stressful situations, and deadline pressures
- Excel in directing the creative process, ideation, workflow, workload, and resources among the copy group
- Dynamic in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one; small/large groups; among peers, direct reports, and supervisors
- Excellent selling-creative rationale and work both inside and outside the organization
- Instill respect and possess ability to manage meeting flow during the presentations
- Be forward thinking, anticipating future consequences and trends accurately
- Exhibit broad knowledge and perspective and help create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Expert at connecting strategies to creative solutions
- Ability to expertly think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-adding in brainstorming sessions
- Provide and accept constructive internal and/or client comments with regard to concepts and art
- Possess an understanding of HTML/dHTML, Web browser capabilities, storyboarding, and motion graphic skills
- Knowledge of social platforms (Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, etc)
- Have deep understanding of the application of new technologies and emerging cultural trends in the business
- Work beyond what is described in job description as needed; willing to be flexible for the team, and ultimately the work, and demonstrate a willingness to work across teams as needed
GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
At GSW, “speak people” is part of our every day. Our employees are inventing ways to go further, faster, thus giving purpose to liberating ideas within healthcare advertising.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)