You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
This Role can be based in New York, New Jersey, Boston or Raleigh
You’ll join the Commercial Innovation and Solutions group (CIS), where our strategy is to collaborate across Syneos Heath to design, develop, and sell a portfolio of innovative, integrated solutions that combine internal and external capabilities to solve our clients current and future product development and commercialization needs. More specifically:
The Solution Design Engagement Manager role with Commercial Innovation and Solutions is responsible for managing the overall solution development process for the comercial launch of new therapies, and ensuring there is integration both within and across functions and business units. The Engagement Manager is expected to be a “player – coach” who manages team members and steps in as necessary to ensure a smooth process, providing guidance and leadership to the teams.
This person is the Architect and Mastermind who works closely with the project delivery leaders to design the best solution for our commercial success for our Pharmaceutical and Biotech customers. You have a big picture view of solutions and can strategically design and lead the execution of the best solution that will take our customers quickly from Lab to Life.
Engagement Managers in Commercial Innovation and Solutions (CIS) are also responsible for defining and continuously improving operational processes that make cross-business Unit collaboration and solution development easier. The expectation is that Solution Design Managers conduct “after action reviews” and objectively look at what did/ did not work and define specific actions to improve both the process and the overall experience for the next opportunity.
- Manage a team of strategic consultants in the research and analysis for commercial strategy design
- Player coach for hands on analytical, Strategy, project design
- Engage in, and provide leadership to create the storyboard and strategy deck in Power Point
- Experience using primary and secondary research and analysis to lead team to develop strategic insights and consulting solutions
- Share knowledge and lead in commerical product launch planning for pharma and biotech multiple therapeutic areas
- Support the development, consolidation, presentation, and approval of Solution Pricing models including staffing plans
- Act as a line manager to consultants in the pool and those assigned from other practices for rotations; provide guidance and coaching to staff
- Consolidate work stream level content into full document drafts and ensure that the sections align to the overall solution.
- Provide quality control and work with Solution Leads to address any changes that need to be made; manage “punch lists” of actions and owners needed to complete
- Engage CIS pooled consultants and the Business Units as appropriate to conduct research and create content in support of solution designs
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- MBA or related Masters Degree (preferred)
- 8-12 years of Life Sciences industry consulting experience
- leadership experience in a large consulting firm
- PMP certification preferred
- Significant Program and Project Management experience in matrixed organizations
- Management consulting or services company experience (e.g., CRO, CCO) a must
- Industry experience (manufacturer) preferred, but not required
- Excellent communications and people management skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) required
- Ability to handle ambiguity and multiple concurrent assignments
- Willingness to travel ~50%
The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)