As a summer intern at Equinor, you will be joining 20,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and deliver the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It’s one of the defining challenges of our time and attracting and developing the brightest minds is critical to our success.
The summer internship programme is aimed at students from the second year of their higher education onwards, from technical and non-technical backgrounds. To be eligible, you must be enrolled as a student between September and December 2022 and have work eligibility for the country you are applying for.
You will join us on a six-week hybrid programme - partly physical and partly virtual - designed to give you the experience and skills you need in your studies and future career. Working flexibly, you will split your time between working as part of a team within one of our business areas and delivering a group project with several of your fellow interns. In this period, you will have one-week off from the 18 July to the 22 July 2022.
Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics are essential to control and monitor our facilities safely and to ensure efficient operations & production in Equinor. These subject areas are a key enabler for our digital future as we develop towards remotely operated and more autonomous facilities. Plus, these areas contribute to Equinor's transition towards a low-carbon future by supporting our effort to reduce carbon emissions from oil & gas production; and by accelerating the use & development of low-carbon solutions such as offshore wind and carbon capture & storage.
Fields within the discipline:
- Automation, Cybernetics & Robotics
- Software development, data science and analytics
- Technology development, qualification, and implementation
- Control and process optimisation
By joining our team within Automation, Cybernetics and Robotics, you may have the opportunity to:
- Accelerate the use of robots and drones within Equinor through software development, technology qualification, implementation, simulation, testing, and integration of robotic solutions.
- Proactively address the opportunities enabled by automation and digitalisation to improve the digital mindset and competency within the organisation.
- Follow up automation and process development toward major Equinor projects within renewables and oil & gas.
- Aid in digitalisation and development of laboratories and facilities for the future.
Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs combined with your field of expertise and interests.
Equinor is focusing on digitalization; an interest in programming/scripting could be advantageous for some positions.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values of being open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Bachelor, Master’s degree or PhD with a good academic record within STEM subjects
- Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
- No more than one year of relevant full-time work experience
- Completed at least two years of higher education
- Be a student, enrolled on a higher education institution, between September and December 2022 (Master’s and PhD candidates)
- The interns need to be located in the country where the internship takes place during its full duration
- Candidates must have the necessary work permit for the country in which, and at the time, they are applying for a position. Please note that we do not facilitate work permits for this role. Read more about it in the national authorities’ pages: Norway
- Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage
Your personal qualities:
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including candidates with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, please make this clear in your application, and our team will be happy to support you.
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- High ethical standards
- Good communication skills
- Global mindset
- Team player with the ability to work and deliver results in a diverse environment
- Have a positive attitude to take on new challenges and adapt to dynamic environments
Please, make sure that you attach the documents below during the application. Note that applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated:
- CV/ resume in English
- Cover letter
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies in English or Scandinavian language. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of three roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.