As a summer intern at Equinor, you will be joining 20,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and deliver the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It’s one of the defining challenges of our time and attracting and developing the brightest minds is critical to our success.
The summer internship programme is aimed at students from the second year of their higher education onwards, from technical and non-technical backgrounds. To be eligible, you must be enrolled as a student between September and December 2022 and have work eligibility for the country you are applying for.
You will join us on a six-week hybrid programme - partly physical and partly virtual - designed to give you the experience and skills you need in your studies and future career. Working flexibly, you will split your time between working as part of a team within one of our business areas and delivering a group project with several of your fellow interns. In this period, you will have one-week off from the 18 July to the 22 July 2022.
Manufacturing, Marketing and Processing (MMP) is a commercial area responsible for maximizing the value creation of Equinor’s production worldwide. MMP is responsible for global market analysis, marketing and trading of crude, petroleum products, natural gas and electricity as well as developing low carbon solutions (including hydrogen and carbon capture and storage). MMP is also responsible for transportation and infrastructure positions to ensure Equinor’s production reaches the market in an efficient manner.
As part of MMP, we are close to 1,000 employees with key roles as Traders, Marketers, Originators, Macro and Market Analysts, Commercial and Shipping Operators, Charterers, Contract managers and Deal handlers, Asset managers and various other roles covering digitalization and improvement initiatives.
Our summer interns will work on multiple tasks throughout the business. Work tasks may vary according to your competence profile, assignment, and business needs. Typical assignments under MMP are within:
- Commodity market analysis: energy markets, macroeconomics, market analysis, policy and regulations, crude oil evaluation, market modelling.
- Trading and Marketing: support of business development in commodity markets, chartering and risk management, algorithmic trading, developing, and validating quantitative models for valuation and risk assessment.
- Energy logistics: support of commercial operations, commercial contracts management, claims and deal handing.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values of being open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Bachelor, Master’s degree or PhD with a good academic record within Economics, Engineering, Finance, Shipping, Trading, Logistics, Business, Industrial Economics, Innovation, Naval architecture, Marine Technology, Offshore Technology, Technology Management, Maritime Law, Political Science and Law, Energy Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Sustainability and related disciplines.
- Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
- No more than one year of relevant full-time work experience
- Completed at least two years of higher education
- Be a student, enrolled on a higher education institution, between September and December 2022 (Master’s and PhD candidates)
- The interns need to be located in the country where the internship takes place during its full duration
- Candidates must have the necessary work permit for the country in which, and at the time, they are applying for a position. Please note that we do not facilitate work permits for this role. Read more about it in the national authorities’ pages: Norway
- Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage
Your personal qualities:
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including candidates with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, please make this clear in your application, and our team will be happy to support you.
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- High ethical standards
- Good communication skills
- Global mindset
- Team player with the ability to work and deliver results in a diverse environment
- Have a positive attitude to take on new challenges and adapt to dynamic environments
Please, make sure that you attach the documents below during the application. Note that applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated:
- CV/ resume in English
- Cover letter
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies in English or Scandinavian language. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of three roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.