We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The role of the COO organisation is to drive consistent long term safe and efficient operational performance and value creation. The COO organisation is responsible for the corporate improvement programs and works closely with the line in continuously improving Equinor's performance.
Are you interested and passionate about taking Machine Learning products to production?
The data science team in Equinor is hiring a senior DevOps engineer with a background in developing and implementing high available and scalable enterprise-class data science platform. Our objective is to help data scientists deliver their own models into production, increasing effectiveness of our project teams. Thus, we are building a container-based machine learning platform based on modern open source components to facilitate machine learning deployment. We are looking for somebody who is autonomous, passionate about new technologies and willing to help lead in all aspects of machine learning model deployment and operation.
The position offers a unique possibility to build competence around the latest data science technologies that are emerging and the field itself. In addition, you will enjoy being part of a highly diverse and motivated team with a close link to Equinor’s OMNIA internal cloud infrastructure team.
This ad is part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be looked into and handled on a continuous basis.
• Design and implement a container-based Machine Learning platform
• Implement tools and process to manage our data science infrastructure and model deployment
• Craft and maintain documentation of the platform and processes
• Implement and optimize platform configurations for security, cost and performance
• Work closely with Data scientists and guide them during the model deployment life cycle, until they are comfortable to deploy Machine learning product themselves
• Coordinate with and contribute to libraries of open source projects such as Kubeflow, Argo, Seldon Core, etc.
• Continuously improve the platform to adopt to new available technology and to make it more and more automated to reduce the DevOps burden
• Educational background from computer science or similar field
• Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure, Azure is a plus
• Experience in managing and deploying container services (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS/ACS)
• Experience with microservices and deploying data science products at scale
• Experience with at least one configuration management tool such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible
• Experience with working in a DevOps team, incl. knowledge of the GitOPS process and best practices travis-ci, jenkins
In addition, the following knowledge is considered as a plus:
• Working knowledge of structured and unstructured Data
• Working knowledge of languages like Python, Scala, R
• Working knowledge of applying Machine Learning algorithms and libraries (Scikit-learn, TensorFlow)
• Working knowledge of Distributed systems and Big Data technologies Hadoop, Spark, Hive
• Relevant experience may compensate for formal education
• 5-7 years of relevant experience preferred.
• You are collaborative and open to new ideas & needs
• You are innovative, self-starting with an inner drive to always improve
• You are willing to take risks and to test and fail fast
• You have good communication skills
• You enjoy working in a diverse and ambitious environment
• Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
Not just a job: a career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being is a priority and we encourage our people to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
An inclusive culture. Embracing an inclusive culture is a fundamental part of our values, and leveraging our diverse perspectives and experiences help us deliver together.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.
Title and discipline band will be decided based on the candidate's experience.
Please note that this is a local position on local terms and conditions.