We're 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we're facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We're up for the challenge. Are you?
By joining our team in Renewables you will have the opportunity to:
Dogger Bank Offshore Wind Farm, the world’s largest offshore windfarm and being developed in 3 phases, is currently under construction and scheduled for start power generation in 2023. The wind farm is located some 100-150 nautical miles west of South Shields, covering a total area of over 1500km2. During the operations phase, maintenance of the wind farm will be conducted from 4 Service Operations Vessels (SOVs) each equipped with a Daughter Craft (DC), with contracts recently awarded for the first 3 SOVs. The O&M Base including the warehouse for spare parts and consumables will be located at Port of Tyne, South Tyneside where construction is scheduled to start in Q4 2021. Adjacent, will be located Equinor’s UK Central Control Room and technical competence centre for engineering support.
Equinor is the manager for Dogger Bank during the operations phase. For its O&M organisation at the Port of Tyne we are seeking a Marine, Logistics & Facility Leader that can join the prepare for operations’ organisation and develop the organisation and process prior to start-up of operations, enter new and manage established contracts, and lead the marine, logistics and O&M base facility (MLF) functions into and during operations.
In this position you will:
- Be Company representative for contracts towards vessel owners. Follow up the SOV and DC contracts and recommend on exercising of options. Once in operation, closely monitor the vessel and system performances
- Define, procure and be Company representative towards logistic agreements (Stevedoring services, fuel and water supply, Agency services and other contracts/leases with the port)
- Be the local responsible holder of the facility management contracts for the O&M base
- Actively follow up HSE performance within the MLF responsibility and towards the MLF contractors. Champion safe operations on site, conduct HSE audits alongside the HSE Manager and make recommendations for safety improvements.
- Be line manager for the MLF team in the Dogger Bank Operations organisation
- Prepare procurement strategy for the fourth SOV and DC, and participate in the technical evaluation of the tender process
- Manage interfaces towards the port, vessel owners and other relevant contractors and stakeholders
- Ensure efficient logistics solutions at the O&M Base warehouse, in the SOV warehouses and the other warehouses used by Dogger Bank
- Ensure efficient work processes are established and documented ready for start of operations
- Ensure KPIs and other performance indicators are correctly defined and reported, and provide cost data input from the MLF area to budget processes
- Ensure risk identification, risk analysis and risk mitigations within the area of responsibility
- Be prepared to take on the Port Facility Security Officer duties for the base– including following up security duties towards the Department for Transport and ensuring compliance with the Port Facility Security Plan and ISPS requirements
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Extensive experience from maritime/supply chain operation, preferably offshore wind experience
- Preferably a degree within maritime/supply chain discipline.
- Leader experience
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- Must be prepared to undertake offshore medical, BOSIET, and first aid training (GWO)
- Flexible towards working hours and travel to contractor sites and periods offshore
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork oriented across disciplines and organisational boundaries
- Strong oral and written communication skills (with excellent command of English)
- Leadership potential according to Equinor values and leadership principles
- Positive, take initiative and be a fast learner
- Self-driven and able to work alone as well as being a good team player
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
- Identify and manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong motivation for Renewable Energy
- Live near Port of Tyne or be willing to move to the area
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.