Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ Target Systems is looking to recruit a talented graduate to join our software engineering team. Joining an experienced team of 5, you will be working on cutting edge market leading technology, gaining exposure to the full software lifecycle process from concept through to deployment.
The role will involve completing application software design work on various customer and QTS projects relating to unmanned air vehicles, aerial targets, surface/marine targets and related technologies. In particular for the command and control software running on PC’s and associated software tools. Occasional embedded software work may also be required.
• Design, programming and maintenance of PC based software applications using the C++, C# and Visual Basic languages.
• Design, programming and maintenance of PC based test programs
• Software prototype testing.
• Production and maintenance of design records in accordance with company procedures.
• Production support.
• Provide support to Field Services and Trials activities.
The successful candidate will:
• be a recent graduate or graduating in 2019 within a Computer Science/Software related Degree with education covering the development of PC based applications.
• have experience of using MS Visual Studio programming in one of the following: visual basic, C++ or C#
• have a genuine interest to work with product realization
• be creative and pragmatic
• be interested and willing to handle a diverse portfolio of projects and assignments
• be passionate about new and emerging technologies, able to adapt to changing ways of working
Any work experience/placements in a software development environment would be an advantage but not essential.
The successful candidate will start in September 2019.