Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team
Our DevOps Consultants work with our clients to train and coach teams in DevOps best practices, help them solve engineering challenges and adopt new ways of working.
The teams you coach will be looking to you to help put the right things in place to facilitate and accelerate their delivery. We want people who can enthuse and enable individuals and teams to adopt DevOps ways of working. That means being a player-coach, developing the skills of your clients and evangelising the DevOps approach. It's all about crafting highly skilled and performing teams.
As a DevOps Consultant, you will find yourself working on exciting projects, across a range of sectors and technology sets. We'll make an investment in you - making you a consultant with a highly diverse and applicable skillset, but we'll also look to you to invest in us, helping to continually develop and improve our DevOps thinking, approach and capability.
What We’re Looking for
We are looking to recruit an Agile DevOps Coach, who will work on-site with our clients to help them introduce industry-leading solutions to speed up their delivery and improve their product quality. You will be working closely with our existing, world-leading Agile Transformation and DevOps Implementation teams who will also be on-site and will be supporting your day-to-day activities.
For this role, we believe you will be well equipped to:
• Quickly assimilate our clients’ wants and needs and formulate a structured and effective approach to coaching their teams
• Build alignment between those teams and ours to help us deliver a coherent and seamless end result
• Manage our clients’ expectations and keep them appraised of our achievements and next steps, etc
For this role, we believe you will already have the following essential skills:
• Solid Agile skills – that is, a knowledge of most of Agile’s Lightweight Frameworks - esp XP and Scrum and a good understanding of several Scaled Agile approaches - esp SAFe
• A good understanding of current DevOps practices and techniques and a view of their futures
• The need to communicate effectively by means of appropriate metrics to drive good behaviour
Ideally, you will also possess one or more of the following skills:
• A working knowledge of many of the tools often used to support efficient DevOps implementations
• SAFe DevOps (SDP) qualified and/or a SAFe DevOps (SDP) Trainer (as an SPC)
• An understanding of coding standards, branching strategies, code repositories and commit strategies
You may already be an Agile Coach to one or more teams and you will probably have been a Developer and/or DevOps implementor, working within a Scrum Team. You will be keenly interested in helping teams create more effective DevOps solutions and will be an effective team builder.
About PA Consulting Group
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.