Team Leader Performance / Operations – Airport Security
Flex contracts only (*21hrs per week, permanent)
Here at Manchester Airport, we have announced a £1billion, 10-year investment programme that will transform the terminals and passenger experience, making this a truly exciting time to join us.
Are you a people person with leadership experience who can offer a flexible approach to working hours?
We are looking for motivated leaders who can drive operational performance whilst getting the very best from their teams.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and relish the opportunity to make valued contributions to an evolving and growing team?
By joining the Security Team at Manchester Airport, you will:
- Be part of the leadership programme within Manchester Airport’s growing Security Team.
- Lead the effectiveness and performances of Aviation Security Officers and Security Ambassador, driving team performance to exceed customer expectations and teams SLAs.
- Managing daily resource plans, updating and reviewing staff allocation according to changing business needs.
- Ensuring team compliance with aviation security legislation at all times.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting operational equipment to ensure performance efficiencies and compliance are maintained.
- Acting as the Security Leader representative for your team, placing customers at ease dealing with any first line challenges.
- Escalating challenges where appropriate, ensuring minimum disruption and maximising the customer experience.
- Provide tactical team feedback to allow improvements and maximise security lane performance and customer service.
- Support and coach new starters, ensuring new team members feel supported, welcomed and led.
- Monitor compliance and behaviours, ensuring colleague performance standards are maintained through clear communication and regular compliance updates.
- Provide compliance, performance and productivity feedback to Security Team Manager in order to consistently achieve targets.
The Security Performance Leader will:
- Implement, monitor and ensure compliance within set procedures.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, inspiring others to contribute their best.
- Have a proven track record in delivering great customer service.
- Be able to give clear, constructive feedback, develop two way communications and deliver difficult messages in a sensitive and tactful manner.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual looking to join a committed, fast paced, growing and high performing team in a regulated and challenging environment.