Insight is a global asset manager, responsible for $1,028.7bn in assets under management (as of December 31, 2020) across pension risk management and liability-driven investment (LDI), fixed income and strategic liquidity solutions. Our clients include pension funds, corporates, public sector clients, insurers, sovereign wealth funds, supra-nationals, wealth managers, endowments and foundations, multi-employer plans and financial institutions. Insight leverages a global network of operations in the US, UK, Ireland, Germany, Japan and Australia.
At the heart of our investment philosophy, is a desire to offer clients innovative yet practical solutions. To achieve this, we combine expertise, strength and depth of knowledge with innovation across a broad range of asset classes and the risk/return spectrum to offer our clients complete flexibility; an essential tool in delivering tailored client solutions. A team-oriented approach is the lynchpin of our business and means that we can draw on the in-house expertise of high caliber professionals at any time. Our investment professionals are specialists in their field meaning we have the right people doing the right jobs for our clients.
In February 2021, as a result of discussion and agreement with Insight, BNY Mellon announced that four US specialised fixed income investment teams within affiliate Mellon Investments are to move to Insight Investment. Based in Boston and San Francisco, the Efficient Beta, Municipal Bond, Stable Value and Taxable Fixed Income teams will become part of Insight's US investment platform and business, bringing with them client relationships and assets.
The role of the Junior Fixed Income Portfolio Manager includes model analysis and portfolio decision-making, trade preparation, trading, portfolio reporting, performance attribution, monitoring portfolio performance and exposures, utilizing portfolio management software, special department-wide projects, and interdepartmental client communications. Fixed income portfolios invest in various security types, such as governments, corporates, and asset-backed securities. Derivatives, such as futures, options, and currency forwards, are also utilized in many portfolios. An in depth understanding of security and derivatives valuation, fixed income portfolio management concepts, and experience in trading fixed income securities is required. Incumbent acts independently within established investment policy guidelines, and manages larger and more complex and important portfolios. Incumbent assists more senior portfolio managers in handling a full set of fixed income portfolios. Works under the direct supervision of management or more senior staff.
Up to four years of investment experience with a Bachelor’s Degree. Up to 2 years of experience for MBA's or CFA's.
• BA/BS from accredited university required.
• BA in Finance/Investments-related field or BS in quantitative field (such as engineering, computer science, physics, etc) required.
• 2-3 years investment-related work experience.
• CFA/CAIA strongly desired.
• Excellent analytical skills, high aptitude for quantitative reasoning and problem-solving.
• Advanced skills in Excel, including ability to read, write, and debug VBA code.
• Comfortable working with very large data sets; strong statistics foundation a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and in time-sensitive environments.
• Extreme attention to detail and high degree of organization.
• Strong team player with a positive attitude.
• Must be willing to work market hours starting as early at 5:30am PST
• Maintain and build systems infrastructure including databases, Python, Excel spreadsheets/VBA code.
• Experience with Python, Bloomberg, Portia, CRD, R or MATLAB, and 3rd Party Portfolio Management systems a plus (Point, YieldBook, FactSet, etc.)