Are you a professional with a broad interest in technology and product development in the physics domain? Are you looking for a challenging job in a multidisciplinary multinational R&D organisation? Then please apply now!
Questions about this job?
Lynn van den Einde, HR, +316 – 50 48 15 40 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Design Engineer Physics
32-40 hours per week, hybrid in Venlo (NL)
What You’ll Do
As a design engineer physics you successfully drive technology and translate this into product concepts ensuring competitive printing systems. With your strong analytical skills, judgement, enthusiasm and good communication you contribute to developing the heart of our printer products.
In your responsibility in the physics domain, you deliver components of the printing process (like inks, printheads, curing, image processing) verified by experimental set-ups or system level models. Your concepts are about balancing functionality, quality, time-to-market and cost effectiveness, using available technology assets and by developing the right technology assets.
You are responsible for:
- Developing and verifying a working printing process in close contact with your colleagues in chemistry, mechanics, software and electronics.
- Solving technical challenges in our product development process, for example in the field of fluid dynamics or materials science.
Who You’ll Work With
Our international organization has a flat hierarchy, so you’ll be working with lots of other people in an open, creative multidisciplinary environment. That includes our other departments, designers, developers, and architects.What You Bring
We’re looking for a team player who has:
- You have a Master degree or PhD and a technical education
- Strong technical background in physics and eager to learn
- Capabilities to solve complex physics challenges using experimental and modelling approaches
- Outstanding people management skills - ability to influence and motivate people. Team builder with strong planning/project management skills, a pro-active attitude and experienced in extensive stakeholder management
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and a strong drive for results
- Proven work experience in product development in a pre – max of 5 years proven experience in technical design and a proven track record in successfully influencing and inspiring people and teams.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English – verbal and written
- Permission to work in the Netherlands
What You’ll Get From Us
We provide an exciting, dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity for you to develop personally and professionally. We offer excellent conditions to help you be who you want to be:
- a competitive salary (range €3400 - €5500 gross per month)
- 38 vacation days
- commuting allowance, standard end-of-year bonus equal to one month’s salary, and vacation pay (8%)
- options for hybrid working for a healthy work-life balance
- a laptop and smartphone
- a huge range of training and professional development opportunities
For this role we are specifically looking for young people who have the ambition to become a future technical leader within our R&D. You will start your career in one of the departments of Printing Process & Consumables and during your assignment you will get to know our organization and technologies, and we expect you to further develop your skills. We will ensure that you get challenging assignments and sufficient support (i.e. training) that fit to your personal growth. Possible career paths include lead designer, lead engineer, team lead, systems architect (physics) or project leader, physics analysis expert.
The position is based at R&D of Canon Production Printing in Venlo, the Netherlands.Want to know more about working as a design engineer physics within Canon Production Printing
Contact us via LinkedIn, e-mail, mobile and meet our team @ our R&D site in Venlo!