An important part of our development program at R&D is application software and controller software.
A suite of applications together forms a print workflow solution for professional printing companies.
The markets and users for these software applications are diverse; think of operators in large printing factories, but also owners of smaller print shops. To ensure added value for our customers and an optimal user experience across our portfolio, we defined the “one software strategy”, in which design plays an important role.
As a UX Designer at Canon Production Printing you (together with your colleagues in the design department and stakeholders in the business and the software development teams) will help to find correct functional requirements and translate these into user interface designs. In doing this, the alignment within our portfolio is an important aspect. We create a design system to assure this alignment. Together with the other designers in the department, you will work on advancing our print concepts and design systems in a consistent way, for the products of today and the future.
- Translate requirements into user interfaces for CPP products
- Create designs that fit in and enrich our Canon Production Printing design system
- Create visually innovative, appealing and engaging products
- Deliver a seamless flow to our customers and users
- Make sure all UI concepts are aligned over all products and devices
- Create design concepts in such a way that it can be subjected to usability tests
- Collaborate with development to ensure your designs are correctly implemented
- Communicate and present effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with the ability to familiarize quickly with the domain of professional printing. A team player, who takes initiative, is able to set priorities and is able to deal with uncertainty and complexity. He/she has strong communication skills and likes to work in cross-functional teams. Besides that, he/she has:
- Master degree in a relevant field with focus on User Experience (e.g. interaction design, industrial design)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Proficient with industry standard design tools like Adobe XD and Axure
- Experience in working with a design system in an agile way
- Experience with B2B products is a plus
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
Context of the position
The Design team is located in Venlo, but partners with all CPP R&D sites worldwide. Our goal is to create one unified and recognizable experience for all CPP solutions: hardware, software as well as services. The focus of the team is on: customer and user research, human-centered design, interaction design, visual design, product design, prototyping, and design validation.
Please note that applications without portfolio will not be considered.
And there is more….
Next to a challenging working environment and room for personal and professional development you will also receive an interesting package of conditions:
- A salary in line with current market standards
- 38 days leave
- Travel allowance to and from work
- A laptop and a smartphone
- Standard year-end bonus of 1 month's salary and holiday pay
- Schooling and development opportunities
Please apply directly via the ‘apply now’ button, were you can submit your cover letter and resume.
For more information about this position please contact Ralf Dreuning – HR, +316 – 14 205 902.
Agency calls are not appreciated.