Enhancing and maintaining data protection and privacy compliance responsibilities for Canon’s business and operations across Turkey, the Middle East, and Central and North Africa.
- Compliance and Continuous Improvement: Complete the Canon Privacy Framework in areas where the Programme still requires implementation support.
- Sales Enablement: Ensure Canon Middle East and Turkey (CMET), and Canon Central and North Africa (CCNA) supply chain vendors are both GDPR and, where applicable, local data privacy law compliant. Strong privacy compliance already is and will in the future only become a more significant business development enabler. Suggest innovative ways to use Canon’s strong data privacy approach to create new business opportunities.
- Audit and Review: Review the effectiveness of the measures that have been put in place.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
Compliance and Continuous Improvement:
Complete the Canon Privacy Framework in all areas where the Programme requires implementation support.
- Work with business to understand the privacy risk and impact of propositions by supporting and assessing privacy impact assessments.
- Review and assess privacy risk/legal implications of relevant company strategies & activities, making recommendations for change, as required and ensure appropriate reporting to manager.
- Provide input to governance and risk function.
Work with Sales team to create new growth opportunities using privacy compliance as both a differentiator and an enabler.
Audit and Review:
Review the effectiveness of the privacy compliance framework and associated controls that have been put in place.
Provide regular training, including periodic refresher sessions to Canon staff.
Enhancing and maintaining a regional Data Privacy organisation:
- Being an active participant of the EMEA data privacy community, including know-how sharing and training.
- Working with the Canon EMEA HQ Privacy Office and governance structures to implement and enforce standards and practices.
- Coordinating Individual Rights Requests within appropriate time limits.
- Assisting with data breach investigations (external and internal) and complying with the strict submission requirements provided by law where there is an applicable breach.
- Data Processing Agreements - working with the business ensuring that processing and sub processing agreements (required by law) with suppliers and customers are in place and reviewed.
- Providing input to Tender process and customer questions.
- Maintenance of Records of Processing Activities, required by law or as per Canon Internal Policies.
- Working with local Privacy Champions in CMET and CCNA.
- Quarterly and ad hoc reporting to the Board, Executive Team and EMEA HQ Privacy Office on privacy compliance within the regions.
- Internal and external legal consultation.
What we ask
- Law, GRC or technology related university degree, preferably with appropriate postgraduate privacy qualification.
- Proven experience in IT law, Privacy Law and general contracting law.
- Relevant experience and qualification in a Data Privacy role in an international company
- Minimum five years of relevant working experience in a law firm or as an in-house counsel in an international company as data privacy specialist.
- Proficiency in English at working level required. Proficiency in an additional regional language (e.g. Turkish, Arabic, French) would be beneficial.
- Business and commercial knowledge.
- Basic competency in relevant computer systems & packages.
You will need
- Apply High Standards of Accuracy.
- Apply Business Acumen.
- Communicate Effectively.
- Create Solutions to Problems.
- Focus on the Customer.
Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.