Canon UK is looking for talented people to join us at an exciting time for our business, as we enter into a period of accelerated growth and development. Do you have the skills and aptitude we’re looking for? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for an organisation that values your contribution and rewards you accordingly? If the answer is yes, please read on…
Canon Cambridge require Typesetters to join our Studio Team. This position offers a competitive salary and the benefits of working for a global brand leader.
This is an opportunity to join the Studio Typesetting team which provides a high-quality service for live question papers set in Adobe InDesign. You will typeset question papers in all subjects and at all levels. We are a small friendly team, working closely with our customer. We offer opportunities to develop your skills further.
As an experienced Typesetter, you will be coming to work on a Canon customer site where you will work to produce a high level of material to the required customer standards. A demanding but satisfying role there is some flexibility around working hours. The role is based at Whittlesford, Cambridge.
The work is varied and so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being part of a team, and have accurate and excellent time management skills, then this is a great opportunity to develop your career.
The role is a 37.5 hour on-site working week Monday to Friday but offers flexibility on start and finish times.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Pay – Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
What we ask
You will have a high standard of spoken and written English along with demonstrable knowledge of typesetting skills, InDesign experience along with the ability to copy type.
You will have comprehensive practical knowledge of marks for copy preparation and proof correction in accordance with BS 5261-2:2005 and have excellent inter-personnel experience.
With personal drive, you’ll seek ways of producing accurate work, with consistency.
If you can offer the right qualities, training can be provided if you lack experience.
You will need
As the Studio Typesetter you will possess the following skills and expertise:
- Focus on the customer
- Apply high standards of accuracy
- Communicate effectively
- Drive for results
- Take ownership and accountability
- Act as a team player
Salary – £27,500
Location – Whittlesford Cambridge (close to the Duxford Air Museum)
Free on-site parking available
Closing date – Please apply as soon as possible
No agencies please
Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.