Canon UK is looking for talented people to join us at an exciting time for our business, as we enter into a period of accelerated growth and development. Do you have the skills and aptitude we’re looking for? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for an organisation that values your contribution and rewards you accordingly? If the answer is yes, please read on…
Canon Business Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing and managed workforce services. This position is to join a sub team of co-ordinators providing Information Management Services to its client in Castle Donnington, Derby. However, the role may also require frequent travel to other client sites in the centre of Derby.
You will be required to effectively manage business critical information for our client, supporting requests to create, manage and distribute business information – often operating to tight deadlines in line with established and stringent workflow processes and systems.
Within Reprographics you will operate within the onsite print room, for which full user training will be given. Operating a variety of reprographics equipment, these activities include both small and wide format print, professional finishing, copying, scanning, distribution, and the safe destruction of classified documents in accordance with established workflow processes and procedures.
Beyond Reprographics the wider Canon team also manage the client’s digitisation and archiving needs, administer several of the clients document management tools, manage all inbound and outbound mail and perform document formatting and creation for the client. All of which over time as a Document and Information Services Operator you could be asked to support.
This role is often varied and challenging, but as a highly motivated individual you will be able to work effectively and flexibly within a team, and/or off your own initiative to ensure that customer’s requests are progressed with the defined SLA.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Pay – Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
What we ask
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provide excellent customer service. Liaise with both internal and external customers and stakeholders at all levels of the business to ensure that customer requests to obtain, retrieve and distribute information are processed efficiently, effectively, and are primarily compliant with the agreed business operating standards.
- Full user training will be given on how to safely operate the departments various equipment, successful applicants should have a basic understanding of print and print room finishing methods of production and be able to navigate computer systems and software competently.
- Perform general administration and adhoc duties as requested by the Team Leader.
- Ensure that the Team Leader is regularly informed of work progress and highlight issues or improvement opportunities.
- Always maintain good housekeeping and a tidy environment. Comply with Security, Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment regulations.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- IT Proficient – You will be a confident computer user who demonstrates accurate keyboard & word processing skills. A good working knowledge of MS Office is essential.
- Experience of operating print room reprographics equipment would be a distinct advantage, though this is not essential and full user training shall be given. More importantly you have an inquisitive mind, enjoy learning new skills, and be a confident computer user with some experience of processing different document types.
- Creative Design skills would be advantageous in as much as you’re able to make minor alterations to documents to make them print ready. Good written English and numeracy skills.
- High level of attention to detail, with strong organisational skills.
- Good Communication skills. Strong Customer Service skills required.
- Motivated and proactive, you operate with a flexible approach to work that ensures that our customer commitments are met.
- A full / clean driving licence and willingness to drive the company van would be distinctly advantageous.
You will need
As the Reprographics Co-ordinator, you will possess the following skills and expertise:
- Focus on the customer.
- Apply high standards of accuracy.
- Communicate effectively.
- Drive for results.
- Take ownership and accountability.
- Act as a team player.
Due to the nature of the site, any job offers will be subject to the applicant’s satisfactory completion of the following checks:
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
- Defence Business Services (DBS) - SC Security
Salary: £21,501 - £22,696 per annum (Pro rata)
Location: Castle Donnington, Derby
Closing Date: Apply as soon as possible.
Incentive (Bonus): £350 per annum (Pro rata)
No agencies please
Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.