The Canon brand is evolving to ensure our customers stay at the centre of everything we do to bring new services and products to market. As a result, an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and enthusiastic PR consultant to join Canon’s Corporate Communications and Marketing Services organisation (CCMS).
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
You‘ll take on the PR activity for Canon UK and Ireland's full B2C consumer Imaging Technologies & Communications Group (ITCG) and professional photo and video products. Working alongside the PR, Campaign and Social Media teams, you’ll plan, implement and measure PR and Social campaigns to support our ambitious business objectives.
You’ll also work closely with stakeholders and marketing teams to define PR objectives, agree targets and then define and generate the messaging documents for Canon’s B2C PR strategy. As a dedicated PR professional, you’ll be given responsibility for:
- Managing approval of central content including press releases, support documents and editorial copy
- Managing local agencies to develop and implement proactive plans for our B2C PR
- Managing relationships with UK journalists and spokespeople
- Hosting journalists at Canon and industry events and managing product demonstrations and reviews
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- You'll offer clearly proven B2C/consumer PR experience, ideally with a relevant marketing or business-related degree
- A demonstrable understanding of using social media to support business objectives
- Strong evidence of PR planning and reporting based on Key Performance Indicators to monitor coverage and results on a regular basis, and a clear ability to act on these to provide future direction on objectives and measurements of success.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills, capable of working effectively with senior stakeholders and external press, PR and communications agencies
You will need
Above all else, you’ll need to be a great communicator who is always putting our customers and our people at the centre of everything we do.
Salary - £40,500 - £42,500 + bonus + benefits
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.