BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The role involves processing all types of payroll from start to finish. This will include varying numbers of employees, frequencies and complexities. You will be responsible for a portfolio of 30-60 clients ensuring all client service level agreements are met.
Principal Accountabilities and Attributes
• Maintaining and updating all associated paperwork (permanent notes files etc).
• Reconciling payroll reports.
• Runs payroll process from beginning to end including:
- Contacting client to get payroll information
- Inputting the data
- Running the payroll
- Production of payslips and various forms
- Year end returns
- Checks input data of other administrators
- Completes allocation sheets
- Ensures appropriate sign offs
- Maintains client personal notes
- Responsible for posting forms
- First line client queries
- Maintains and builds client relationship
- Administers pension auto-enrolment
- Liaison with HMRC and pension providers
- Ensures client confidentiality
- Has high attention to detail
• Problem solving and dealing with queries from clients, third parties. (This will include queries etc raised by colleagues in other departments BDO offices).
• Covering colleagues’ portfolios during periods of absence.
• Dealing with other payroll related administration duties.
• Work as part of a team to ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
• Asks questions to check understanding, avoids assumptions and delivers to expectations
• Well organised and planned
• Is able to prioritise and manage tasks set
• Is open to feedback from others
• Strong communicative skills (both written and oral)
• Resilient and flexible
• Strong organisational skills
• Enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Approachable and supportive
• Confidence to cope with fast-paced and fast-changing environment
• Work well under pressure
• Confident and objective decision making
• Strong team-player
• Attention to detail
Experience and Professional Qualifications
• Excellent technical skills with strong working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, PAYE, NIC (including directors), expenses and benefits, pensions and all year end procedures.
• Strong client service skills
• IT skills
• Strong legislative skills;
• Previous payroll experience is necessary with exposure to SSP/ SMP, PAYE, NIC Compliance, P45’s and the ability to process manual calculations.
• Prior experience of SAFE computing desirable
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Experience and Professional Qualifications
Excellent technical skills with strong working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, PAYE, NIC (including directors), expenses and benefits, pensions and all year end procedures.
Strong client service skills
Strong legislative skills;
Previous payroll experience is necessary with exposure to SSP/ SMP, PAYE, NIC Compliance, P45’s and the ability to process manual calculations.
Prior experience of SAFE computing desirable