BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
To assist and support the Financial Services Lead Partner & Practice Manager in managing the financial performance of the Group on a day-to-day basis and to provide relevant support, advice and guidance to the partners and staff within the business unit on financial matters.
• Assist FS SBU Lead Partner / Practice Manager with the Group’s Annual Budget and Forecasting processes.
• Overseeing the Groups Month and Year End processes, making sure billings, variances and journals are posted into the Firm’s finance systems in a timely manner.
• Providing useful Management Information to the Groups SBU Lead Partner and Partners.
• Lead the Groups Working Capital Management by ensuring that bills, recoveries, cash collections & provision are managed effectively and efficiently.
• Work closely with the Groups Partners & Managers ensuring they are on top of their Finances/WIP/Billings.
• Pro-actively challenge the Group on KPI’s (recovery, WIP, debtors) in these areas where required and agreeing appropriate action to take when issues arise.
• Robust review & analysis of the Groups Specific / Indirect costs against budget to ensure any known prepayments, accruals and journals are communicated to Central Finance.
• Ensure controls are being consistently applied and unusual or weak performances are identified & escalated.
• Maintain and update the Groups Contractor Ledger on a monthly basis, ensuring journals are posted and suspend accounts are cleared.
• Authorisation of all non-chargeable spend in the Group, using the Firm’s invoice approval system;
• Responsible for the production and co-ordination of the Groups weekly and monthly reporting.
• Regular liaison with the Central Finance Function (Credit Control, Accounts Payable, Commercial Analyst, Enterprise Analyst Team).
• Liaising with Risk Management Unit on any potential risks to the firm and potential claims being brought by clients.
• Be the Groups Finance Champion
• Other ad-hoc tasks and reporting as required in support of the Group & Partners
• Part qualified accountant or relevant financial experience (the role is strongly steered towards the financial responsibilities)
• Commercially minded
• Ability to handle/process confidential information in sensitive manner
• Proactive approach to work and ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent organisational and administration skills.
• Strong Microsoft skills, particularly in Excel