BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
• The M&A modelling team supports all of the deals (sell-side, buy-side, project finance and debt advisory) across the wider M&A team by providing model build services across a range of sectors.
• We are a market leader in mid-market M&A deals and BDO’s M&A team has unrivalled experience of transacting over a wide range of sectors.
• We work closely with our deal teams and clients throughout the deal process and look to add considerable value throughout this time; this means the client relationship and management is as important as the technical service delivery.
• Our modelling offering involves developing complex financial models using MS Excel. Our models are customised to the specific requirements of each project and are therefore bespoke in nature.
• Our modellers work closely with the deal teams and the end clients, to understand the key drivers of the business that we are modelling.
• A typical model build process will include, attending initial planning meeting, building of the operational model, continual explanation and development through client liaison and inclusion of financial / deal overlays.
• We are looking for someone with prior experience in financial modelling and ideally with some deal experience / exposure.
• They will work under more experienced modellers, and from the start be an integral part of our delivery team.
• There is significant scope for progression for the right individual once they have embedded themselves in the team and shown their capabilities to build robust financial models for M&A deals
• Numeracy – we deal with complex mathematical concepts and the candidate must be confident about abstracting ideas and deriving a suitable approach to solving the problem
• Literacy – our service offering requires the ability to express clearly and concisely complex financial matters, with no room for ambiguity
• Excel skills – while we expect to provide continual and ongoing training in the technical side of financial modelling, the candidate should have a good level of understanding and experience in building financial models
• Deal experience – As most of our assignments involve working on M&A deals, experience of working on deals and an understanding of different parts of an M&A deal would be preferable
• Ownership and responsibility – the candidate will quickly be in a position of delivering decision-critical work on deals; the desire and ability to take responsibility for the client’s requirements is therefore paramount to success within our team
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.