BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The purpose of the ‘Marketing, Sales & Clients’ (MSC) team is to raise awareness and understanding among target audiences, build profile and relationships and identify and set successful strategic direction.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be helping our business leaders’ succeed in making BDO stand out from the crowd. To do that, you will need to be intellectually curious, happy to listen, work as part of a team and happy to stand up for what you believe in and muck in to get things done.
In return, we’ll offer you a place where you will feel comfortable from day one but expect to be challenged. You’ll work with all levels of the business, with colleagues who want you to focus on the outcome and be confident to speak up. We want to you feel you made the right choice.
The successful candidate will work with the Gatwick and Guildford Business Development Manager to help deliver the regional MSC strategy and sales plan, at all times focussing on enhancing the client experience.
Key responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant include:
• Work with the Gatwick & Guildford Marketing and Business Development Manager to help support the partner/director group in their targeting across specific markets
• Working with the Gatwick & Guildford Marketing and Business Development Manager to help co-ordinate and support key account management programme
• Help support the co-ordination of key regional campaigns for targeting and protecting relationships in core target markets
• Implement a range of marketing communication activities including:
- Co-ordinating a programme of events ranging from seminars, corporate hospitality and roundtable dinners
- Organising client communications for invitations and e-bulletins utilising the firm’s email marketing tool, Pure 360
- Production of marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, team sheets and adverts on an ad-hoc basis
• Hold responsibility for working with business support teams (PAs) to safeguard data quality and ensure appropriate communications are issued to client and target audiences on timely basis
• Undertake general marketing administration duties
• Advise staff locally to ensure brand and communication consistency
• Liaising with business support to organise internal and external meetings, workshops and events.
Technical knowledge & essential skills
• Strong project and event management skills, with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritise workload and deliver to time sensitive deadlines
• Takes a hands-on approach and is able to work autonomously
• Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Able to think differently about approaches to delivery
• Flexible in time commitments with ability to attend events outside usual business hours when required
• Good influencing skills and a positive “can do” attitude
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly personable (interaction across many of the internal teams across the Gatwick & Guildford offices)