BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
As a Senior Business Advisor within Accounts and Financial Reporting, you will be required to work closely and support senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently, be accountable for the delivery of statutory financial statements to the manager for review, and be the first point of contact for our clients. You will also take an active role in identifying accounting problems and suggesting potential solutions.
You will be responsible for coaching and providing guidance to more junior staff working with you on projects to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
• Prepares of statutory accounts and review of disclosures under a range of accounting frameworks including FRS 102 and IFRS
• Prepares consolidation and cash flows for year-end statutory accounts
• Provides briefing to more junior team members
• Provide input into the delivery of service to our larger more complex clients
• Actively seeks solutions to client’s accountings problems and is able to independently research and suggest potential resolutions to more senior members of the team
• Prepares engagement letters for manager and partner review
• Supports more senior members of the team to deliver technical accounting advice including supporting with delivering training where required
• Understands and adheres to the firm’s risk management procedures including identification of independence issues and anti-money laundering procedures
• Ensures compliance with our stream’s policies and procedures
• Has a good knowledge of the firm’s technical resource in order to ensure excellent service is delivered at all times
• Liaises with auditors as necessary
• Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
• Share knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
• Attends client meetings with other more senior members of the team
• Proactively identifies and acts on potential new business opportunities in our existing client base and targets
• Develops a network of professional contacts both externally and cross stream/office
• Undertakes planned activities to build business development skills
• Attends relevant business seminars
• Supervises, coaches, motivates and develops junior members of the team, reviewing and providing appraisal feedback to staff
• Seeks greater responsibility and rises to the challenge
• Is robust under pressure and calmly faces challenging situations
• Is sought out by colleagues as a valuable source of advice and support
• Makes suggestions and offers potential solutions to problems in a timely manner
• Displays energy and enthusiasm and is focused on achieving results
• Confident in presenting to the team
• Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
• (Essential) Qualified ACA or equivalent
• (Essential) Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
• (Desired) Excellent knowledge of accounting packages used to prepare financial statements such as caseware including consolidations
• (Essential) Experience and good working knowledge of FRS 102 and IFRS
• Experience of leading client assignments