BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The primary responsibility is to manage a growing team who are responsible for receiving, researching and processing Client Take On requests from across BDO offices to carry out client due diligence (Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering). In addition, the team process updates and changes to client information in line with current BDO and regulatory guidelines.
A key part of the role is managing end user expectations through ensuring schedule and quality adherence.
• Supervise, support and develop the team’s internal customer and external client facing skills
• Prioritise, review and manage the work output of the CTO Input Team Assistants to ensure outputs are to the required time and quality (SLAs and KPIs)
• Ensure professional standards are met throughout the team
• Ensure that the firms’ AML procedures are adhered to
• Work with BDO’s MLRO systems and processes – including support to process improvement and change management
• Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK
• Engage with BDO’s local client facing teams on operational performance and best practice
• Engage with BDO’s senior stakeholders in promoting and driving further adoption of service take-up
• Work collaboratively with the CTO Validation Team within the Shared Service Centre
• Work as part of the wider SSC management team
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
• IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and similar desktop applications, including workflow management systems
• Credible and confident to interact with stakeholders at senior level
• Strong people management skills: empathetic and encouraging style to support junior team members to excel in their roles
• Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
• Be able to lead by example and influence optimal performance of team.
• Experience of performing or managing AML and/or KYC activities is beneficial
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.