BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The project delivery team deliver the digital, technology and business change programme for the firm. This Senior Project Manager role will be heavily focused on the delivery of the projects within the ERP implementation programme. At the end of the programme you will be assigned to new projects within IT.
Within this role you will assume full responsibility for the success of the projects ensuring productive engagement with IT teams, other service departments, business stakeholders and third parties.
You will report to the Head of Programme Delivery; ensuring that the levels of service provided satisfy the expectations of our internal customers and external clients in an effective, efficient and economic manner.
The right candidate will have a broad spread of experience and be outcome focused. They will also have a strong commercial focus and have experience managing budgets effectively. They should have strong industry best practice knowledge and have relevant certification but should be pragmatic in ensuring the right process for the right situation and have evidence of a variety of approaches.
• You will be responsible for the delivery of the ERP programme/projects from start to finish, including vendor and implementation partner selection, system configuration, data integration and go live
• Manage project management activities including scope, quality, planning, time management and service transition
• Perform RAID analysis and mitigation planning for the project
• Deliver change using traditional and agile management methodologies
• Work alongside Business Relationship Managers (BRM’s) and Business Analysts
• Be seen as a role model by team members; mentoring through the sharing of knowledge and best practice approaches, whilst encouraging individuals to critically challenge the status quo in
pursuit of identifying value.
• Contribute to functional and organisational continuous improvement by promoting efficiencies
and best practice
• Demonstrate the appropriate management of resources to deliver the portfolio to agreed service, operational or project deadlines or measures
• Provide the required levels of communication, management information and reporting
• At least 5 years Senior Project Management experience
• Experience of vendor selection process (RFP) through to appointment and contract negotiations
• Evidence of the delivery of change in support of corporate strategy
• Evidence of delivering change in complex and fast paced environments
• Experience of delivering multiple ERP Implementations ideally within Professional Services Sector, preferably Cloud and SaaS solutions
• Experience of Data Migration projects
• Good understanding of core HR and Financial processes
• Self-driven and ambitious individual who can demonstrate the ability to perform tasks with quality and in a timely manner with a minimum of supervision
• Ability to provide the Executive-level view whilst maintaining detailed project knowledge
• Excellent commercial awareness and drive to seek value options
• Experience working with external partners in delivering complex projects
• Excellent stakeholder management and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of IT industry trends, suppliers and products
• Good knowledge of BDO/Professional Services sector products and services advantageous