BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
As an Accounting & Financial Reporting and iXBRL Senior you will use your previous statutory financial statement (‘SFS’) preparation experience, working closely with and supporting senior members in the team to ensure the timely delivery of our SFS preparation and iXBRL tagging services.
Due to the nature of the role a flexible approach to work is required in order to facilitate the needs of our clients and colleagues. The right person will also be proactive, efficient, have confident communication skills and enjoy a technical challenge.
You will be expected to consistently demonstrate core BDO values and the required standard of competency for the level of this role, which includes adherence with compliance and confidentiality standards.
Statutory Financial Statement Preparation
You will be personally responsible for:
- Controlling all aspects of the preparation of statutory financial statements, which includes direction of trainees in their work, managing delivery and receipt of information to and from our SFS offshoring partners and being responsible for all aspects of file completion
- Assisting managers in planning and controlling assignments to ensure their completion to the required standard
- Assisting managers with the financial management of assignments, ensuring work is completed within budget, with any budget overruns reported to a manager
- Completing smaller assignments with a minimum of supervision
- Ensuring all client needs are met in regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements
- Liaising with external auditors
- Providing clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls
- Supervising, coaching, motivating and developing trainees and reviewing and appraising work at the end of the assignment
- Keeping technical knowledge up to date by attending and presenting at team technical sessions and monitoring regulatory changes
iXBRL Quality Assurance
Global Outsourcing is the home of BDO’s off-shoring facilities. One such service provided is iXBRL providing a quality assurance service for minimum of 7,000 sets of financial statements annually, ensuring that the financial statements meet HMRC’s high standards and to reduce the risk of investigation for our clients.
You will be personally responsible for:
- Review of iXBRL tagged financial statements to ensure tags are appropriate and have been applied correctly
- Management of jobs to ensure that issues are resolved and client deadlines are met
- Answering tagging queries from clients
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Previous experience of statutory financial statement preparation essential. Expected experience of all or a combination of IFRS, UK GAAP & US GAAP
- No experience of iXBRL necessary, training will be provided
- Experience of consolidations and FRS 102 desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
- Experience of CaseWare desirable