BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
As an Executive, you will be required to use your previous experience and work closely with senior members within the team to assist in the timely delivery of services. You will gain an understanding of and experience in financial due diligence for corporate buyers, private equity and vendors. You will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to reporting accountant work on IPOs and other capital markets transactions.
• Support transaction services projects and teams in the performance of hands on fieldwork.
• Manage smaller projects or aspects of larger projects, with particular responsibilities for:
project administration, including providing input into engagement letters, information requests, timetable and budgets
target liaison, including monitoring information flow
project management, including monitoring budgets and ensuring that work is completed within agreed deadlines
managing workload to meet deadlines.
• Produce discrete sections of reports containing minimal errors, in a clear, concise manner.
• Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of risk management practices and processes.
• Develop a clear understanding of the clients’ business and their priorities.
• Identify and present solutions to potential issues, including matters impacting risk or price, to Project Managers.
• Provide a point of contact throughout the engagement dealing with requests and issues in a timely manner, in conjunction with senior members of the team.
• Provide clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
• Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the Project Managers.
• Accompany more senior team members to meetings with clients as required, and assist with the preparation for and follow-up from such meetings.
• Support business development activity and demonstrate an awareness of sales opportunities.
• Assist with administration and ad hoc projects within the department.
• Seek and take action on feedback.
• ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
• Ideally have experience of working within Transaction Services or related disciplines.
• Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Powerpoint and Excel.