BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
A Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of projects on a day-to-day basis, and to build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships. You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of corporate finance for both buy-side and sell-side work, involving private and public companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses. You will also have developed sector knowledge.
• Project manage client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
• Scope, prepare and review reports, information memoranda and documents using Word and PowerPoint
• Scope, prepare and review financial models using Excel
• Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis.
• Assist the Partner, Director and Assistant Directors in the development of existing and new service stream methodologies.
• Contribute to the successful development of the client relationship
• Promote knowledge sharing within the team and facilitating research and development within the chosen stream.
• Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the project manager/director.
• Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
• Support the conversion of opportunities into chargeable work, including pitch participation.
• Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities, and inform the project director or partner as appropriate.
• Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers.
• Support recruitment, retention, development, training and motivation of employees within the Corporate Finance team.
• Seek and take action on feedback.
• Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives.
• Thorough working knowledge of sell-side and/or buy-side corporate finance advisory activities
• ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
• Previous staff supervision or management experience.
• Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
• For those involved in plc activities, a developing knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes.