BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO’s dedicated financial services team provides services to clients varying from large international financial institutions to AIM listed companies, new entrants and innovative challenger brands. We provide full audit, tax and specialist risk and regulation advisory services across the Asset Management, Banking and Alternative Finance, Capital Markets, Insurance and Technology Risk industry sectors.
The financial services sector is evolving and adapting as a result of intense competition, unprecedented economic turbulence and increasing customer expectations. It is a fiercely competitive and increasingly regulated environment where it is vital to demonstrate integrity, transparency and innovation to win customers and to stay ahead of the competition.
At BDO we truly understand the issues our clients face and have a complete commitment to delivering exceptional client service. We are recruiting Senior Audit Managers to join our growing team, particularly within the Asset Management, Capital Markets and Insurance sectors. As a Senior Audit Manager, you will be a senior member of the audit group and will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
• Act as audit lead on a range of financial services clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner
• Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered
• People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level
• Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for budgeting, WiP control and billing
• Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters
• Take part in wider practice management at local level
• Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate
• Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients
• Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
• Participate in Key Account Management
• Engage with clients directly on technical and audit judgement decisions.
• ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
• Educated up to degree level or CTS
• Previous Audit Manager in practice
• Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests
• Significant experience of auditing within the financial services sector including clients within one or more of the asset management, capital markets and insurance sectors
• Knowledge of the CASS rules and experience of client money and assets audits, reporting to the FCA.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
• Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
• Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
• Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
• Able to demonstrate the development of an industry network.