BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
This role leads the HR Services Team and reports to the Head of HR Operations. The HR Services Team is a team of nine including an HR Services manager and eight HR Services Coordinators. HR Services are responsible for all HR related administration supporting the full employee lifecycle.
The role of Senior HR Services Manager is to ensure delivery of HR Services activities in accordance to governance, processes, policies and agreed service level agreements.
The role will be required to continually seek ways in which operational efficiency can be achieved through technology and people. The role will be required to leverage the subject matter experts across the HR function and key stakeholders in the business to identify and leverage these opportunities.
- Delivery of HR Services model, which is documented and reviewed each year to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Creating an environment where team members are encouraged to share new ideas, learn from mistakes and are supportive of each other’s strengths and development needs
- Manage quality, effectiveness and continuous improvement of the HR Services offer
- Seen as subject matter expert in BDO HR policy, processes and relevant legislation as it related to HR Services
- Up to date with legislative changes and how these relate to the HR Services function in collaboration with ER colleagues
- Accountability for data integrity in the HR systems
- Managing function within agreed financial budget
- Manages Service Level Agreements for all HR transactional services and value add to the business can be quantified
- Escalation for HR Services Manager and team members for guidance and advice
- Vendor management of outsourced HR services activities
- Strong commercial focus
- Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders including Partners, focusing on exceptional client service
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Relevant degree / professional qualification
- CiPD qualification preferred
- Evidence of leading and delivering change within an HR Services function
- Proven experience of owning, designing, developing and implementing HR Services governance, processes and procedures, preferably within a professional services firm
- Knowledge of legal matters as they relate to HR and HR Services function
- Experienced in HR systems; preferably PeopleSoft
- Proven experience of developing strong relationships
- Strong communication skills demonstrating gravitas and credibility
- A high level of personal commitment to task completion, with the ability to prioritise
- Project management experience gained through relevant project implementation(s) desirable
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.