BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
To provide a full range of support in the London Audit Group for 2 Partners, which includes the Sector Leader, as well as professional staff within the Technology & Media sector.
Providing administrative, business and personal assistance within the department and to become an integral member of the Business Support team.
• Maintain and co-ordinate diaries of Partner(s) and group members as required as well as providing an effective time management approach
• Arrange and co-ordinate internal/external meetings and events. Liaising with delegates, booking boardrooms and arranging refreshments/equipment as necessary
• Organise extensive business travel, visas, hotel accommodation, preparation of itineraries, cars etc
• Significant liaison with clients for meetings, presentations and reports
• Ensuring appropriate handovers are completed to ensure tasks are passed over accordingly
• Working on a high level confidential information for National Audit Stream
• Organising key sector meetings for Sector Leaders
• Liasing with high level Partners
• Acting as gatekeeper for Partners
• Role model for junior members of staff
• Acting as first point of contact for clients by proving phone coverage by receiving, screening and rooting all incoming telephone calls, correspondence and mail
• Monitor e-mails/meeting invitations of Partner(s) and reply on their behalf when needed.
• Monthly billing for team
• Use of RMS (Relationship Management System) to maintain accurate client/target information, as well as pipeline management
• Documentation creation and management, including typing as necessary
• Taking minutes at meetings when required
• Deal with routine enquiries and taking appropriate messages
• Industry research when required
• Responsible to act on the Partner(s) and Manager’s behalf on a range of issues and projects.
• To maintain confidentiality at all times
• Completion of expense reports in a timely manner
• Dealing with personal administration as and when required
• Audio typing when required
• To provide an exceptional client experience and support client initiatives within the firm, as well as being responsive and helping to create a positive impression at all touch points
• Provide secretarial cover within the group as well as providing cover to the group as a whole and assisting other secretaries when necessary
• Provide cover for other team members of the support team (holiday/sickness etc)
• General administrative assistance to group as required.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
• Intermediate to advanced level user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Fast accurate typing skills
• Audio typing experience
• Proven secretarial experience of working at a Partner Secretary level
• Excellent telephone manner
• To either have previous experience in, or ability to learn the following systems:-
• PeopleSoft HRMS, RMS and FMS.
• Ability to manage / prioritise tasks
• Ability to readily understand the Group’s and Firm’s environment, the Firm’s structure and culture
• Ability in exercising initiative, discretion and organisation
• Be able to identify and evaluate problems and demonstrate the ability to approach and tackle problems effectively
• Be flexible and able to adjust quickly when priorities change
• Ability to communicate at all levels within the Firm and externally
• Work on own initiative and be self-motivated
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Be forthright when necessary
• Able to work in an area which is task orientated
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• To have previous experience working in a similar environment
• GCSE Maths and English grade C and above or equivalent
• Microsoft qualifications
• Professional practices experience or similar is an advantage.