BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
Our audit analytics solution, BDO Advantage is a data visualisation application built on the Qlikview platform. It is a core pillar of investment and is central to the development of our data analytics proposition that is innovating how data is used to support financial audit testing. Our initial solution was deployed to the UK audit stream in 2015 and following it’s resounding success within the UK, we have developed and deployed a continuous program of enhancements and expansion including training/deployment in 33 BDO member countries.
The Data IT Developer role is a technical role primarily focused on the Extract, Transform and Load process for Accounting/Financial data, with a focus on the creation and management of the supporting IT Infrastructure. Whilst knowledge of BI tools and financial accounting platforms will certainly be advantageous, familiarity with IT Operating & Database Systems, scripting and programming is a priority.
You will be joining a growing team of experienced data development specialists and be within an environment conducive to expand your current knowledge and skills in this rewarding arena. The role is particularly suited to an IT specialist looking to focus on data solutions within a professional environment. We work closely with experienced external data consultants and internally with BDO IT Infrastructure, IT Development and Database personnel.
• Collaborate and contribute to the automation and improvement efficiency of data ingestion and transformation processes
• Communicate and advise on data extraction solutions to non-technical internal stakeholders and external clients.
• Working with internal/external specialists and service providers to integrate and implement data solutions.
• Scope, design, document and plan Data Analytics and Data Visualisation solutions in accordance with SDLC principles
• Develop, implement and support data analytics and visualisation solutions according to agreed specifications and delivery timelines.
• Troubleshoot and implement data solution improvement recommendations whilst following change management processes.
• Co-operative in the documentation and definition of solution technical/functional documentation, end-user guidance and development procedures.
• Assist in the development of test plans and the resolution of issues arising out of testing.
• Experience with data visualisation technologies (eg QlikView, PowerBI, SSRS)
• Experience with database technologies (eg SQL Server: SSIS, SSAS)
• Experience with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and other development/code management tools.
• Knowledge of database schema design and implementation
• Knowledge of common financial systems and databases
• Knowledge of financial systems data extraction processes
• Knowledge of accounting processes and transaction cycles
• Familiarity with the concepts of a financial audit
• Flexible workplace arrangements including working from home and outside of London (for the right candidate)
• Travel and collaborative opportunities with countries throughout the world.
• Part of a fast growing and dynamic team which is a key strategic investment for BDO UK
• Opportunities to operate both internally (development) and externally (client facing delivery)
• A fantastic opportunity to have pivotal input into initiatives and direction.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.