BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
To provide Team Secretary administrative support to a small number of directors and senior managers in the BDO Drive team, alongside two other Team Secretaries.
In addition, to process prospective and existing client due diligence admin (Client Take On, CTO) using in-house system and adhering to anti-money laundering regulations.
The BDO Drive Support team is part of the wider Guildford Business Support Team reporting to the Audit Senior PA and Tax Senior PA.
• Preparation of client related correspondence including engagement letters, proposals, presentations
• Diary management - organising meetings, booking rooms and associated travel
• Billing related admin including preparation of client invoices, credit notes, producing WIP reports
• Accounts preparation support; including filing with Companies House, iXBRL and Alphatax processing (accounts systems), processing Confirmation Statements for filing at Companies House
• General admin including post (sending and receiving), scanning, telephone queries, expenses
packaging up files/documents and returning to clients
• Recruitment related admin including organising interviews, assessment days, new starter inductions
• Marketing related admin including updating in-house client data system, regular data cleansing, producing reports, creating client projects codes, updating project pipeline entries and generating new bids
• Research and data collation from external sources (websites, linkedin, external databases) and drafting/summarising findings
• Reception cover including supervision of meeting rooms, AV support and refreshments
CLIENT TAKE ON
CTO is a key part of this role and a fundamental process within the firm due to the anti-money laundering regulations we must comply with. The process can be fast paced with demanding deadlines and typically requires the following:
• Using the in-house web based CTO system to process information relating to new clients
• Working with the team to obtain required documentation from the client and via Companies House as part of the CTO process
• Managing the work flow of CTO requests to meet the team requirements, ie, project coordination
• Working with the central Risk team to ensure CTOs are progressed efficiently
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Project coordination skills
• Strong ability to plan, organise and prioritise work
• Experience of working in administration, ideally within the financial industry
• IT literate with a strong competence in MS Office (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and use of variety of IT data systems including web based systems and databases
• Strong command of spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Accuracy and attention to detail essential
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and with various departments within the firm
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, and to respond quickly
• Adept at managing multiple tasks whilst keeping track of own workload using a ‘to do’ list or similar. Dealing with competing requests in a confident and mature manner, weighing up urgency and deadlines to decide on priorities. Able to work with the wider team to get work done as necessary. Advises managers when they can expect their work if unable to process promptly
• When faced with a new challenge, will use initiative to work out the best way to do it, referring to intranet and colleagues to identify efficient solutions
• Has a flexible approach and is adaptable. Is a team player willing to make a contribution to the wider team. Advises colleagues when has spare capacity to help and or is in need of support. Mutually supportive of others and willing to help in different departments as required
• Is receptive to new ideas and remains focused during times of change and promotes change amongst team by own behaviour
• Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times, as may be required to meet and greet clients
• Discreet when handling confidential information
• Is confident with communication. Recognises that different people require different approaches and adjusts style appropriately