BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
As a Business Advisor you will be required to work closely and support senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of the project to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout the project. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes.
• Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other accounting frameworks including transition to FRS 102
• Preparation of consolidations and cash flows for year-end statutory accounts
• Preparation of other financial reports such as forecasts, profit projections, benchmarking reviews
• Excellent knowledge of various (cloud) accounting software packages including Xero and Quickbooks online
• Ability to become a champion in specialist areas eg software packages, VAT, medical for your office
• Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes for our larger more complex clients
• Prepare VAT returns
• Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors
• Liaise with auditors as necessary
• Prepare engagement letters for manager and partner review
• Ensure compliance with our streams policies and procedures
• Understands WIP, scope, fees and project negotiations
• Monitor and review client financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
• Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with client e.g current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
• Understands the clients business context to ensure we continue to deliver relevant solutions and good value
• Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
• Share knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
• Continues to build a network of professional contacts
• Attends client meetings with other senior members of the team
• Undertakes planned activities to build business development skills
• Contributes to bid documents and proposals
• Attends relevant business seminars
• Supports trainees with their personal and professional development
• Can articulate the BDODrive and wider BDO offering
• Proactively identifies potential new business opportunities for BDODrive and wider BDO services
• Supervises the work of others when needed
• Seeks greater responsibility and rises to the challenge
• Is robust under pressure and calmly faces challenging situations
• Is sought out by colleagues as a valuable source of advice and support
• Makes suggestions and offers potential solutions to problems in a timely manner
• Displays energy and enthusiasm and is focused on achieving results
•ACCA or ACA Qualified, or part-qualified (QBE experience also acceptable).
•In-depth experience in a practice environment in the preparation of accounts for companies, LLPs and limited partnerships.
•Experience of using Caseware accounts preparation software helpful.
•Experience of supervising and coaching members of staff on site and in the office.
•Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
•Good project management and communications skills.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.