BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
• To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
• There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
• Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
• Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
• Liaise with HMRC
• To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
• Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
• Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principle/ Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
• Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principal/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
• Must provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and management of staff
• Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
• Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Manager meetings and by attendance at social functions
• Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
• Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
Sales and Marketing:
• Must be able to recognise business development opportunities and inform and work with the Partner and the client to develop these when they arise
• Participate in bids/proposals for new work
Communication and representation:
• Develop contact with clients at senior level and maintain contact with other levels as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client
• Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within BDO
• Contribute centrally by lecturing on internal courses
• To work on own initiative
• Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
• Staff management experience
• Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
• Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio
• To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
• Experience of dealing direct with clients
• Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
• Demonstrable post qualified experience
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.