BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
An Assistant Director is required to independently, and with the support of other Assistant Directors, Directors and Partners, develop and grow the M&A business within Corporate Finance, as well as develop the team members. You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of corporate finance for both buy-side and sell-side work, involving public and private companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses.
• Support management of the Lead Advisory and wider Corporate Finance team with other Assistant Directors, Directors and Partners.
• Lead the development of existing and new service stream methodologies.
• Manage M&A engagements, which include the resolution of project issues prior to Partner review.
• Build strong and sustainable relationship with clients, both internal and external to BDO, establishing both a rapport and trust.
• Undertake the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis.
• Assume real ownership of client relationships and projects.
• People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, support to the appraisal process, training and recommendations for promotion.
• Scope and review reports, information memoranda and documents using Word and PowerPoint
• Scope and review financial models using Excel
• Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals.
• Convert existing opportunities into future Corporate Finance/M&A work, and identify new project opportunities.
• Contribute and play an active role in the development of new business relationships, marketing and business proposals.
• Seek and take action on feedback.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of firm products and cross-selling opportunities.
• Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives and managers.
• Thorough working knowledge of sell-side and buy-side corporate finance advisory activities
• ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
• Previous staff management or supervisory experience.
• Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• For those involved in plc activities, a thorough knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes.
Our Agency Policy
• BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.