BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The purpose of this role is to manage the Desktop Services Stream to deliver operational support and provide workstation customer facing services to all business streams within BDO.
The role requires you to take on the ownership of key business applications, having responsibility for the management of upgrades, patches and deployments. The role will include managing operational work and acting as a lead to more junior members of staff.
As a member of the IT Management Team you will be part of the overall governance of IT and will be required to engage in all areas of IT. This role reports to the Head of Applications.
• Support the provision of 3rd line support on all Desktop Applications by ensuring incidents and service requests are responded to in a timely manner. Where a resolution is not immediately available, client expectations should be managed accordingly with regular contact and updates.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of key desktop applications and stay abreast of developments in new technologies.
• Challenge current practice – driving improvements and championing change
• Taking ownership of key business applications and managing the software lifecycle i.e. upgrades, patches, deployments.
• Develop client relationships that ensure the delivery of exceptional client service.
• Document 1st/2nd Line fixes to enable IT to provide faster call resolution and help to train other staff on Desktop applications.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement by challenging what can be improved upon and promoting efficiencies.
• Assist as Technical lead on IT projects.
• Acknowledges impact of change on others and puts mechanisms in place to support the delivery of change
• Act as counselling manager for analysts within Stream function by guiding and supervise less experienced colleagues
• Actively engage in knowledge sharing within the Application Service Stream, IT and the business.
• Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions of counselees.
• Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
• Support to ensure that Application Services is, and is recognised as, a valuable asset to BDO.
Technical Knowledge, Professional Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge and experience:
• Experience in IT industry with an in-depth knowledge of application support.
• Technical knowledge of key IT applications and systems including:
o Business Applications (APT Client, CCH, Alphatax, IPS, DMS Client)
o Microsoft Office 2010/2016/365
o SCCM 1709
o Windows 7/10
• Experience of application management and application deployment
• Awareness and / or experience of ITIL processes
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with an excellent telephone manner.
• Ability to identify and analyse alternative approaches to dealing with issues and problems.
• Builds great team spirit by bringing energy, enthusiasm and facilitation of learning.
• Demonstrates commitment to the firm’s values.
• Shares experiences and supports others to become more engaged and be responsible for their own learning and development.
• Work closely with 3rd Parties to support their provision of IaaS services.
Excellent Client Service
• Demonstrate confidence in dealing with all levels of the firm, including executive management levels.
• Demonstrate ownership and responsibility for incidents/service requests raised.
• Excellent customer service and consulting skills.
• Considers the root causes of problems/issues and highlights potential improvements to achieve desired results and prevent problems from recurring.
• Monitors complex situations, identifies trends, potential strengths, weaknesses, opportunities or threats.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.