BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
• To provide assistance to two Partners and general support to the team in the Forensics dept (including holiday/sickness cover for other PAs), working in a fast-paced, multinational corporate organization.
• Manage diaries, arranging appointments, both internal and external
• Maintain meeting schedules, diaries and activities, updating weekly or more frequently as required
• Confirm all external meetings one business day in advance
• Email/print relevant paperwork and meeting attendees’ bios for Partners in advance of meetings
• Arrange internal and external meetings/dinners/events etc, managing meeting venues and related details
• Creation of Powerpoint presentations as required
• Organise travel, accommodation and transfers as appropriate and create travel itineraries as required
• Take ownership of enquiries and ensure issues are referred to the appropriate person in a timely fashion
• Maintain filing systems
• Deliver ad hoc support to Partners and the greater team as required
• Build and develop an internal and external network of contacts
• Build knowledge of key issues in order to effectively identify priorities
• Liaise and work with the wider team and the entire BDO network
Experience and Skills:
• Demonstrated experience of working as a PA
• Demonstrated experience of working in a client facing environment
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite of applications
• Polished communication skills, including an excellent standard of written and spoken English
• Strong organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise conflicting workloads
• The ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems
• The aptitude to provide regular progress reports
• A quality driven approach, consistently aiming for high standards coupled with the drive to complete tasks
• The ability to keep matters confidential
• A flexible, diplomatic and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.