BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
This role will provide Tax compliance services for a wide range of clients.
Primary responsibility will be to take control of a portfolio of clients, and their day to day tax compliance affairs, whilst supervising the Tax team and reporting into the relevant Manager, Director and/or Partner. You will also be involved with tax advisory work on an ad hoc basis.
You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients’ business.
• Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating effectively to the rest of the Tax team
• To draft letters and reports for review by Manager/Director/Partner
• To review work produced by more junior members of staff
• Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
• Understand and adhere to cost budgets, meet reporting timetables, prepare key client reporting documents
• Ensure WIP is monitored and liaise with their line manager on client billing
Sales and Marketing:
• Supporting bid teams in tenders for new work.
• Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and develop more junior staff
Communication and representation:
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met
• Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice
• To support and work as a team player in achieving activities for their business area
• Ideally to work on own initiative
• Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
• Competent on routine work without generating significant Manager review points
• Significant understanding of and previous experience within tax compliance
• Tax advisory experience preferable but not essential
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent knowledge of Tax compliance products as well as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
• Able to demonstrate the keenness to develop a career within the profession
• Ideally educated to degree level with no fewer than 280 UCAS points and a 2.1. degree
• CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent